Airbag light - QP 3.2 EVO

Arvid

I've had this light for a while but do not know where to begin searching for faults. It's an old system on these cars so I was hoping it wouldn't be that much to check :)

I've looked at the connectors for main airbag and also the passanger - looks ok. Today I checked the airbag central unit located behind the radio - it also looks ok with good connections. What else should I look for ? Do these cars have same problem-connectors under the front seats as the Alfa 147/156 ? I can't find any yellow connectors under there...

I know the light would have to be reset by SD1 or SD3 so I am only looking for apparent faults but what should I look for ??

Any input would be great.

Kind regards,
Arvid

aaw

It hasn't sensors in the seats, only seatbelt tensioners. You can get to those by removing the lower b-post cover. My local garage had a universal reader (Bosch??) that could access the box by choosing the car as Alfa GTV 3.0. The fault can also be the clockspring or the connector to the passenger airbag. Had same problem last summer and the SD showed the error to be "airbag light is on" so hope you don't have the same because that one didn't help much. Resolved mine by taking the complete dash out while replacing the fan heaterblower, so some kind of bad connection in my case.

Arvid

It hasn't sensors in the seats, only seatbelt tensioners. You can get to those by removing the lower b-post cover. My local garage had a universal reader (Bosch??) that could access the box by choosing the car as Alfa GTV 3.0. The fault can also be the clockspring or the connector to the passenger airbag. Had same problem last summer and the SD showed the error to be "airbag light is on" so hope you don't have the same because that one didn't help much. Resolved mine by taking the complete dash out while replacing the fan heaterblower, so some kind of bad connection in my case.

Sorry for the very late reply. Thanks for the helpful tip - I will check the connection on the tensioner and passanger airbag. New rules for MOT demands that the airbag light and system operates without faults. So I will have to resolve this issue one way or the other.

Arvid

Arvid

Thank You Dave :)

Yes,they are all lovely and a handful at times. I have pictures of the 400GT but not any good ones. These where taken straight out of the paint box last spring. The interior was out for refurbishment.
The Thema 8.32 is nearing its 30 year vintage registration. I've stored it for 14 years waiting for the year 2018 so I can register it without paying the import taxes.

IMG_20160207_143329.jpg16.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_20160207_143418.jpg
    IMG_20160207_143418.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_20160207_143411.jpg
    IMG_20160207_143411.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 58

mab

Hi,

I am curious to hear how it worked out for you with the airbag light. I started my V8 Evo earlier today, after litte more than six months of rest. When the car was put away for winter storage, everything worked fine, but today the airbag light came on. Obviously some kind of bad connection, but would be interesting to hear about most likely point for bad connections to start looking at.

Brst regards

Mattias

zagatoes30

Airbag light is one of the few that works on my QP Evo, the ABS light and suspension lights on the other hand are another problem. Next years job is to start chasing the issues down but until then a regular run and check over is all she gets.

Ewan

Not sure how I missed your post of late March with the shots of your 400. She looks fantastic. Mine (hopefully) will be similar, but I'm thinking a shade lighter. Currently at Emblem for brake caliper rebuild, but eventually she'll go to Ross Packard for the repaint.

Keep going with the QP IV. Getting more and more rare by the day.