Llandow Track Day April 2017

Contigo

Sponsor
Guys (and Gals) you really don't know what you are missing on this trackday where you get chance to learn the limits of your car and have a great fun day out. I urge anyone tempted to just do it!

Andy: let me know if you want me to open it up to my crew again.

Pete-r

Guys (and Gals) you really don't know what you are missing on this trackday where you get chance to learn the limits of your car and have a great fun day out. I urge anyone tempted to just do it!

Just to second that, if you drive a performance car or just love driving and have never tried a track day they are on a completely different level of fun to any road driving. The days Andyk has organised have always been full of really sensible drivers.

And Llandow is a cracking track for any combination of car and driver experience.

MarkMas

Chief pedant
Just to second that, if you drive a performance car or just love driving and have never tried a track day they are on a completely different level of fun to any road driving. The days Andyk has organised have always been full of really sensible drivers. And Llandow is a cracking track for any combination of car and driver experience.

Um..... [thinks about tyres, fuel, bodywork, lack of flappy paddles on the QP, Mrs MarkMas, concussion incident on my last track day].....er.....

zagatoes30

This is as safe a tack day as you will get, only 10 cars on track at a time and sometimes you have the track to yourself. A relatively easy track to learn but one that takes ages to master there are so many little improvements you can make to increase progress.

Get your name down it is a real hoot and dinner the night before is always top notch

Pete-r

Um..... [thinks about tyres, fuel, bodywork, lack of flappy paddles on the QP, Mrs MarkMas, concussion incident on my last track day].....er.....

Sorry to hear about the concussion. What happened there?

Always a risk I know, but so is going down the shops.

Re tyres and fuel costs - buy a Micra.

Nothing wrong with a manual, allows for easier trail braking and heel&toe.

Pete-r

If you've never been there....

[video=YouTube;mZFy24o8hR4]https://YouTube.com/watch?=mZFy24o8hR4[/video]

Oh, for child/work friendly info, in the video I drop a muffled F bomb at 2:58 because the tyres were starting to wilt.

MarkMas

Chief pedant
Sorry to hear about the concussion. What happened there?
I had my Subaru Imprezza (this was Brands Hatch in about 2000) and my mate was running his race-prepared Caterham. He didn't return from his laps and when I looked around I found his partly wrecked car in a garage and saw an ambulance leaving the paddock. Turns out he had spun into a tyre wall and rattled his head a few times on the roll cage. He had zero short-term memory for about 6 hours which was simultaneously hilarious, infuriating and worrying. He is NFN now.

MarkMas

Chief pedant
Ok, looks like my sort of circuit, nice wide green run-offs, only a mile to try to remember. Count me in.
llandow.jpg

MrPea

If you've never been there....

From your video, and another that came up straight after it, I see no convertibles with roofs up... So if and April date didn't have showers, would they be happy for me to have my roof down if I joined in?

Pete-r

I believe it's ok, I'm running my car with the roof off in the videos and I've seen MX5s and obviously caterhams not running a roof.

I think you need to wear a full face helmet though.

Andyk

Phil, open up as we will need to.

Andyk

Can have roof up or down.......

As its a short track it is very easy to learn quickly. It's fun and a safe way to get to understand no how your car performs and the meal the night before at the Italian in Chepstow if you are staying overnight is always a good social event. Llandow are very laid back and as I said if it's your first track day it's a great place to start....but once your been once you will be hooked.

luckesGTV6

Just a thought Andy.

It's the Longcross bash the very next day (28th) and Auto Italia the day after that so it becomes choices for some of us guys.

zagatoes30

Andy add Paul Milbank to the list he is hoping to bring his Boxster S so don't all laugh at once as you might regret it when you see how he drives it. If he does bring it jump in for a passenger ride it is quite amazing how smooth he is on all the controls