Wiper Blades

P R

Has anyone replaced their wiper blades yet? (Ghibli) My drivers one has split and looking on Eurospares its about £90 for a pair, delivered.

Of course you can get Bosch replacements for about 1/3 of that, however the OEM ones look much fatter and I cant get the correct length ones anywhere online (26.5 and 18.5 inch)

P R

Swap the rubbers or trim longer blades?

I will take one off after work and see if the blade bit can be changed. I don't fancy trimming the longer blade as it would have a "raggy end" so to speak!

P R

So it appears standard fit wipers don't exactly fit.. so I've ordered a pair from gray Paul via eBay for 80 delivered. Grrr.

P R

You could try with the blade refill type thing but getting the ends off was tricky. The list price is £90. Mind you my father just got a pair for the 500 and the Fiat list price is 30 odd per blade.

bigbob

I don't see the problem myself and always use OEM wipers. The Maserati ones are not cheap but it's still little money.

P R

I don't see the problem myself and always use OEM wipers. The Maserati ones are not cheap but it's still little money.

This is true to an extent, however the same maker sells them for £11 each with an ever so slightly different fitting.
The difference with the Maser ones is they have some movement in the vertical plane aswell as the horizontal one. You could maybe "force" the fitting in but when I tried with a standard fit Bosch one I couldn't get it in.. (and didn't want to break anything)

P R

So the passenger side new blade is faulty. It doesn't clean the last 2 or 3" of the windscreen. There appears to be not enough tension at the end of the blade. Since I paid top dollar for it I have asked them to send me a replacement...

MrMickS

Just replaced mine. Both went at the same time and none at the locally dealer so a trip over to HR Owen to give them £91.

P R

Forgot to update this. Greypaul sent me a replacement new wiper, this was just as bad. JCT fettled it when it was in for service though. All is well :)

MrMickS

As I went to the dealership to buy my wipers they offered the services of a technician to fit them for free. All sorted and wiping happily now. The previous ones had both split within a week.