3200 TB & Pedal Pot

tappets

Hi chaps,

can anyone update me regarding reliable reasonably priced upgrades for the 3200 problematic throttle body and pedal pot please. These cars would be pretty reliable (if maintained correctly) if not for these 2 items...........i'm sure all 3200 owners would agree?

Also details of an engineering firm who has a proven track record for refurb of 3200 water pumps please? I know someone up there does them.:luvit:

Cheers,

Tappets

allandwf

I have Davys, (on here,) PP upgrade on mine, not an error in the last 2 to 3 years. The TB was replaced with Maserati Shed one for peace of mind. Prices, can't really recall. I have the receipts, but not to hand. I'm sure someone will update re costs soon enough.

jluis

Don't refurbish the water pump.
The risk of going wrong and trash the engine heads is high.

Even some new from factory have a defect that causes the pulley to spin off centre.

Ian3200

I have Davys, (on here,) PP upgrade on mine, not an error in the last 2 to 3 years. The TB was replaced with Maserati Shed one for peace of mind. Prices, can't really recall. I have the receipts, but not to hand. I'm sure someone will update re costs soon enough.

Maseratished website has it all with fixed costs shown...

redsonnylee

Maseratished website has it all with fixed costs shown...

After two poor attempts to refurbish my TB I found the Maserati Shed, Mike upgraded mine to contactless, been trouble free ever since. That was two years ago.

I would strongly advise to use forum recommendations mines was refurbished poorly due to lack of knowledge. It will save masses of time and money.

dem maser

I put contactless and it gave me 7 years of trouble free ownership...prior to that was a pain in the ***

davy83

I am still here and much to my wife's annoyance still making pedal pots, let me know if i can help.

Hi chaps,

can anyone update me regarding reliable reasonably priced upgrades for the 3200 problematic throttle body and pedal pot please. These cars would be pretty reliable (if maintained correctly) if not for these 2 items...........i'm sure all 3200 owners would agree?

Also details of an engineering firm who has a proven track record for refurb of 3200 water pumps please? I know someone up there does them.:luvit:

Cheers,

Tappets

highlander

I am still here and much to my wife's annoyance still making pedal pots, let me know if i can help.

Don't go selling them all! I suspect the problem I had at end of summer is likely to be PP since TB was done before I got the old girl so suspect when she goes down to Phil in March that's what he'll suggest needs done.

tappets

Thanks to all for input. I have had no probs for years after fitting "contactless" TB and doing the PP modification until a week ago limp mode/no throttle response. Checked TB butterfly locked solid due to spindle magnet fragments jamming it up.

I'll look at all your suggestions...........many thanks :)

tappets

Hi Davy,

please give me a price and timeframe for delivery if I need one? What modifications do you do to the PP?

Hong Kong 3200GTA

I had mine upgraded to the contactless of from Mike at the Maserati shed as soon as my car arrived. Only problem I seem to have is that it just doesn't accelerate as quick as it used too, anyone else had the same??

allandwf

I had mine upgraded to the contactless of from Mike at the Maserati shed as soon as my car arrived. Only problem I seem to have is that it just doesn't accelerate as quick as it used too, anyone else had the same??
It will do that after a throttle reset. After if you do not use wide open throttle it will start to narrow the band down until it becomes hair trigger again.

Contigo

Sponsor
That sounds pedal pot related you need to measure the voltage at rest and at full throttle, you can turn the arm at the top of the standard one, also make sure the carpet isn't getting in the way of the pedal allowing it to go all the way to the floor.

Do you have a standard Bosch pedal pot or one of Davy's?

tappets

Ok........here's one for the electronics buff's. I disassembled the TB, cleaned magnet debri jamming it up, reassembled TB carefully soldering all connection points exactly as they were checking continuity between all connections and plug pins with no open circuits.

Fitted back onto car...........now no movement of the TB butterfly when pedal depressed and CEL on dash! TB not humming as if not getting power. Codes U1600, P220, P221 on OBD2 tester. Anyone have any ideas regarding what wires to test for resistance/voltage? What's the best way to test pedal pot that's had the wire mod done.......I understand certain colour wires from PP should have a millivolt reading at rest and full open pedal? Which colour wires and what reading please?

Thanks heaps for any assistance.

allandwf

Thanks allandwf,

I had the Mrs time the 0-60 time in sport mode and we were getting 9 seconds dead, not quick at all.
Turbos should both kick in at around 2500rpm, under 6 seconds should easily be attainable, you should get 5s when trying. It is coming on boost?