Sportstars in the Park, Newby Hall 2017

MrMickS

Thanks to everyone for coming and us almost managing to get parked together. Mike even got parked next to us in his Giulia QV. Nice to catch up with people and meet some new faces.

Unlucky for Chris but good to see you anyway without the nice Spyder. Hope you are okay and you manage to sort the repairs for later in the year.

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
ye weather last year mick was glorious wish I had gone now football was **** glad I got Brooklands in, am hoping to get to the event the start of june run by the alfa Yorkshire section at newby Italian car and bike extravaganza regards dave

Good to meet everyone today.
Chris, hope you get your Spyder sorted and your insurance company plays ball.
Can't find any info on this event in June, not on Newby Halls events that I can see?

FF1078

I did have a wander around and have a look at your lovely cars. Sorry didn't see anyone to speak to.

I did wave at a light coloured one on the way there with a reg plate ending in MAS but he didn't wave back

God it was cold yesterday

ChrisN

Thanks for the kind words guys. The deer I hit was apparently a muntjac (whatever that is). Needs a bumper, grille, o/s side and headlamps, all of which are apparently available new according to Graypaul. It is thus now in the hands of my insurer. Pity I economised on the premium by having an £800 excess! Planning to get it done at my excellent local bodyshop so that I can keep an eye on progress. Unfortunately not being an approved repairer, this adds an additional excess of £250 to the £800! Quite an expensive day out.

Chris

mikem

I did have a wander around and have a look at your lovely cars. Sorry didn't see anyone to speak to.

I did wave at a light coloured one on the way there with a reg plate ending in MAS but he didn't wave back

God it was cold yesterday

I think that was me. Just caught a glimpse of you in among a load of Lambos and Ferraris as we were heading south to rendevous with the SM crowd.
Unfortunately we trhought your Maserati must have been part of the SM contingent. So we did a U turn and joined the cavalcade among a load of Mazdas (the shame of it).

Arrived at Newby Hall to discover we were the first of the SM group. The rest were waiting at the rendevous point - oops!

FF1078

:lol2:
I think that was me. Just caught a glimpse of you in among a load of Lambos and Ferraris as we were heading south to rendevous with the SM crowd.
Unfortunately we trhought your Maserati must have been part of the SM contingent. So we did a U turn and joined the cavalcade among a load of Mazdas (the shame of it).

Arrived at Newby Hall to discover we were the first of the SM group. The rest were waiting at the rendevous point - oops!

mikem

Got back to Dover late yesterday evening after a very enjoyable few days in Yorkshire.
We had a good time at Newby Hall and it was good to put faces to names/avatars. Impressed with the unfurling of the SM banner.

We managed to clock up 750 miles on the round trip. That is the first long run we have done since purchasing it in September. All went well apart from the EOBD light coming on shortly after we left home but a quick phone call to Matt at Giallo and our minds were put at rest ( a battery re-set and the light went out never to return) Apart from that the car performed well. We are looking forward to taking it to Italy in the summer.

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Got back to Dover late yesterday evening after a very enjoyable few days in Yorkshire.
We had a good time at Newby Hall and it was good to put faces to names/avatars. Impressed with the unfurling of the SM banner.

We managed to clock up 750 miles on the round trip. That is the first long run we have done since purchasing it in September. All went well apart from the EOBD light coming on shortly after we left home but a quick phone call to Matt at Giallo and our minds were put at rest ( a battery re-set and the light went out never to return) Apart from that the car performed well. We are looking forward to taking it to Italy in the summer.

Nice to meet up again and a lovely looking facelift, especially those race split rim Trofeo wheels!

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Thanks for the kind words guys. The deer I hit was apparently a muntjac (whatever that is). Needs a bumper, grille, o/s side and headlamps, all of which are apparently available new according to Graypaul. It is thus now in the hands of my insurer. Pity I economised on the premium by having an £800 excess! Planning to get it done at my excellent local bodyshop so that I can keep an eye on progress. Unfortunately not being an approved repairer, this adds an additional excess of £250 to the £800! Quite an expensive day out.

Chris

Keep us posted, we might get you to break into double digit post figures, you have only been a member for 3 years and I have nearly seen you face to face more times!

sparkplug155

Hi Chris

Can I ask who is the local bodyshop that you use. I am looking for someone to do some paintwork on my Junior Zagato maybe in the autumn. I'm guessing I'm not too far away as I'm halfway between Gainsborough & Scunthorpe.

Chris

ChrisN

Hi Chris

Can I ask who is the local bodyshop that you use. I am looking for someone to do some paintwork on my Junior Zagato maybe in the autumn. I'm guessing I'm not too far away as I'm halfway between Gainsborough & Scunthorpe.

Hi Sparkplug

The Spyder has gone today to MSM-refinishers in Winterton. It's owned and operated by the Joyce brothers Steve and Matt. It's got a good reputation and useful for me to keep tabs on the car's progress. Once it has been fully assessed today I'll bring it home until the parts arrive - could be some time I suspect.

ChrisN

Keep us posted, we might get you to break into double digit post figures, you have only been a member for 3 years and I have nearly seen you face to face more times!

Hi Mike - yes I know I'm not very communicative on the forum, it must be some form of anti-social behaviour!

Strange coincidence of a feature on the number of deer on the roads on our local TV station yesterday. They suggested to slow down if you see one in the road. Who would have thought of doing that ?

CatmanV2

Hi Mike - yes I know I'm not very communicative on the forum, it must be some form of anti-social behaviour!

Strange coincidence of a feature on the number of deer on the roads on our local TV station yesterday. They suggested to slow down if you see one in the road. Who would have thought of doing that ?

They is only small, but they do make a mess. Good eating, however :)

C

Wack61

They is only small, but they do make a mess. Good eating, however :)

C

You have to travel in convoy if you want to eat them , lead car can't pick up , poaching

I once had a near miss on the way to Ullapool at midnight , came round a bend and a herd of them were stood in the road , no idea how I missed them all but it woke me up, my eyes were on stalks the rest of the way