Friend looking at buying this

beau

sounds like it needs a new front subframe according to the mot history, failed for being corroded, then passed but with advisory for it being welded and still rusty

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
Yes, a little bit. First came the flawed 3200 which had twin turbos. Ferrari wanted an n/a sportscar so they gave it a 4.2ltr V8. It was much improved over the inferior 3200 and was further improved by the GranSport. The 4200s go well, stop pretty well and handle OK too. That's about it really, I hope that helped.

drewf

Yes, a little bit. First came the flawed 3200 which had twin turbos. Ferrari wanted an n/a sportscar so they gave it a 4.2ltr V8. It was much improved over the inferior 3200 and was further improved by the GranSport. The 4200s go well, stop pretty well and handle OK too. That's about it really, I hope that helped.

Immensely mate. Immensely :D

drewf

sounds like it needs a new front subframe according to the mot history, failed for being corroded, then passed but with advisory for it being welded and still rusty

Thanks beau!

And thanks for the Pm about the car too, from someone else.

Contigo

Sponsor
Yep buy a known forum car it makes so much more sense. You will regret it if you don't.

GeoffCapes

Looks nice. From the pics at least.

My front subframe looks (well last time I saw it) rusty, but it was purely surface stuff.
When I get it back I'll give it a coating in hammerite for a bit of protection.

Welcome to the fold!

Spartacus

Mine was like that . I waxoiled it at the start of the winter though . looks much better . it was only surface rust .

Tankslider

Thank you. Dropped it off yesterday for a service, and a proper look over at the Maserati Shed. That's a place, isn't it...