12 March - Bristol drive out

safrane

Well spring will be here soon and my Maser will emerge from winter storage in March so time to plan a drive.

I note that the Bristol Breakfast meet takes place on the 12th March and thought it may be an opportunity to take it for a spin afterwards.

So anyone else want to join in?

Breakfast and coffee at Queens Square at 08:00
Drive up to the Cotswolds Airfield cafe for 11:00 for a chat and lunch.
Then home to chores.

Names below.
Pete GS

montravia

Might meet you up at Kemble/Cotswold Airport if I can make it.

I'm sure you know the Cotswolds pretty well, but if you'd like a few decent swoooshy rides with views, just ping me

philw696

That sounds fun Peter.
Used to love the Queen's Square meet ups.
If you're local guys do it.

Slowly

Years ago I bought a new Civic Type R and only about a year later realised that there was a day of advanced driving included. A very interesting day with an instructor with an interesting past career. On the day we stopped for lunch at Kemble... clearly on the circuit! Depending on circumstances - the near future potentially difficult for us would love to come.

montravia

Still planning 11:00 ETA at Kemble, Peter?

Have you had a word with Suzanna airfield manager, the apron side car park can get busy in front of AV8

safrane

I am Robin as long as it stays dry for the weekend...I do to many miles in the S Class when its wet ;0)

Slowly can't make it so just you and I...still a cheap round of tea for us then.

Be plenty of room for the car kr I will just abandon it on the apron or near a hanger.

MarkMas

Chief pedant
I might be able to make Kemble as it is pretty near where I live. I will ask Mrs MarkMas if she is interested in coming too.....
Weather doesn't look good.
Rather than the Fosse Way, I would recommend the B4425 from Cirencester to Burford.

montravia

I might be able to make Kemble as it is pretty near where I live. I will ask Mrs MarkMas if she is interested in coming too.....
Weather doesn't look good.
Rather than the Fosse Way, I would recommend the B4425 from Cirencester to Burford.
Good choice

safrane

Discussed with Robin who has access to the weather data for pilots there...looks like out timings are the same as the 60/80% chace of rain.

So apologies to all we have postponed meeting up in the hope of better weather in the future.

Open to suggestions for replacement dates.

montravia

I'm afraid that I'll have to scrub for other reasons I'm afraid Peter.

The forecast is the general met office one rather than aviators'. It's now showing prob 10% precipitation around midday.

I can check the TAFs a little later if you wish

safrane

Don't worry...just get yourself well.

I have started prepping the front bedroom for decorating now anyhow...hoping to move in the summer as well.

montravia

Stroud, another local boy then, good to flush you all out.

Perhaps we can keep a list of those potentially interested in meeting up, in the Cotswolds keep a watch on the forecast and do a short notice ping.

I'll stand down on the TAFs, they only focus on the day in question , as you'd expect but sometimes like Brize give a 24 hour