GTS MC Shift vs Aston Martin Vantage Roadster

Ewan

. I have been tempted by a Vantage as well but I think if I had an Aston it would be the V12 Vantage.

I have never been brave enough to go for a V12 yet but always wanted one and will get one. Just not sure what or when.

A friend of mine is looking to sell his black V12 Vantage. Top condition, 14k miles, £80k. Lovely car. And tipped by Harry Metcalfe to be the one to watch for 2017 and onwards.

StuartW

A friend of mine is looking to sell his black V12 Vantage. Top condition, 14k miles, £80k. Lovely car. And tipped by Harry Metcalfe to be the one to watch for 2017 and onwards.

Yes, they are a fantastic car. I would certainly not change my Stradale for one but if I had another £80k to spend on a car, that is where it would go without a doubt

rockits

Thanks Ewan.... not helping

However at the moment as we speak I would need to sell every car I own to buy it. My missus thinks I'm nuts half the time anyway but that move might even surprise her.

Andyk

Totally different league the V12 Vantage to anything Maserati currently make but then it is 140k new now..... I had a passenger ride and after that become the one car I would have money no object. That amazing engine in that oh so pretty small body is a match made in heaven. What a car. They Start at 75k and as Ewan eluded to can not see them going any lower.

Andyk

Not if you pull the fuse. And with the right sports exhaust, they sound just as good imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Especially if you pick the Bamford Rose Exhaust upgrade...May cost £5700 but you get the exhaust, 3 way exhaust conytol switch, ECU remap, all gaskets and consumables and on the 4.3 a healthy 420 bhp from 380 bhp so the same as a 4.7....If you put it on the N400 you get 430 bhp from 400.

iainw

Especially if you pick the Bamford Rose Exhaust upgrade...May cost £5700 but you get the exhaust, 3 way exhaust conytol switch, ECU remap, all gaskets and consumables and on the 4.3 a healthy 420 bhp from 380 bhp so the same as a 4.7....If you put it on the N400 you get 430 bhp from 400.

That would be awesome Andy but that is a lot of cash for an exhaust upgrade! :0
The V12 Vantage will be a bit out of my range If I want to stay married I think.

Tipmethewink

And tipped by Harry Metcalfe to be the one to watch for 2017 and onwards.
Ooh really, was that in one of his videos? I was expecting that with the arrival of the replacement models the prices would take a bit of a hit. I'd love to find out I was wrong.

Andyk

I woukd imagine the early manuals will hold well or maybe go up as with most modern performance cars having paddle shift a V12 with a manual box is pretty rare these days.... Well apart from the V12 S manual that has just come out.

Tipmethewink

I woukd imagine the early manuals will hold well or maybe go up as with most modern performance cars having paddle shift a V12 with a manual box is pretty rare these days.... Well apart from the V12 S manual that has just come out.
Thanks for dashing my hopes there Andy, that excludes mine then :)

Andyk

Hehehe, have you got the V12 S Sportshift then.... Got any pictures and would love to see her. Did I read that you can now get a power upgrade for the V12 S that's gives it the same power as the GT12....?

Tipmethewink

Ewan

Ooh really, was that in one of his videos?.

It was in one of his recent videos. Not a car test, just three of them sitting around and chatting through what happened to classic car values in 2016 and what they expect for 2017.

Andyk

Yes. I'm afraid I'm not a "proper" driver and prefer the paddles. Much cleaner in this picture than "she" is now.

PS. No one's told me about the power upgrade!!!

PPS. Hmm... http://www.astonmartin.com/en/accessories/v12-vantage/dynamic

Bloody help my friend that is just stunning...What a car and what a stunning colour. My dream machine.mif you are ever in the Chepstow area in her feel free to pop around for a chat.mstunning.

Yes that's the upgrade. You have to have the GT12 rear valance bits to fit the exhaust.mthimk it's about 10/12kish and you can only have it with the sport shift box as apparently the manual will not handle it.

rockits

That is one cracking looking car my friend...feel free to pop in and see me anytime if you ever around Hertfordshire. I'll swap you 3 Masers for it

rockits

My brother just made me aware of a DB7 V12 I can have for 17k. If only he hadn't said V12 Vantage for 25k!