Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice for Pensions!!

Quote Originally Posted by Contigo View Post
    Which stock are you holding Dave?
    The ones that give money away !!! lol

Pm'd you.

If you are in a defined benefit pension with a good number of years contribution, you should ask for a cash transfer quote as well as your normal guarranteed benefit quote. This is because many private companies are wanting to offload their pension liability via a substantial cash transfer. You may be surprised at the amount they are willing to provide. You can then take 25% of this cash and invest the rest in a SIPP and draw off. Take advise from an IFA.
    Moz
    current: Granturismo S MC-Shift, Nero Carbonio/Rosso Corallo,
    past: 3200 GTA, Grigio Alfieri/Bordeaux; 4200 Coupe Cambiocorsa, Rosso Mondiale/Avorio, lowered to GS spec, SS wheel bolts, GS boot spoiler.

On the wet and windy (and sometimes gloriously sunny) north coast of Northern Ireland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moz1000 View Post
    If you are in a defined benefit pension with a good number of years contribution, you should ask for a cash transfer quote as well as your normal guarranteed benefit quote. This is because many private companies are wanting to offload their pension liability via a substantial cash transfer. You may be surprised at the amount they are willing to provide. You can then take 25% of this cash and invest the rest in a SIPP and draw off. Take advise from an IFA.
    Moz
    A person coming up to retirement is nearly always better off in a DB (defined benefits) scheme, as opposed to a DC (defined contribution) scheme.
    One of the few exceptions to this rule of thumb, is when a pension scheme is facing insolvency.
    l have led a few very long, very complex negotiations for management, where a company wanted to make a major change to the terms and conditions of its DB pension scheme, because the scheme was critically underfunded.
    The ONLY advice in these circumstances that is worth anything, is that which directly relates to your own pension scheme, because the circumstances surrounding every scheme can be very different. If you can, seek your own independent advice, because your own interests won't always align with that of your representatives.
    Mike

Current: 2008 Maserati Granturismo,1991 blue Maserati Biturbo Zagato Spyder.
    1992 black Maserati Biturbo Zagato Spyder.
    Saab 900 T16S (the daily driver)
    Past: Jeeps, various red convertibles and coupés.

Has anyone used Funding Circle for a loan or as an investment opportunity?
    With having a stack of cash not doing anything but sitting in the bank, I feel that it should go to work.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    Martin
    Currently owning Maserati 4200 CC 4th July 2003 Kawasaki ZXR750 L1 1993 In bits. SEAT Leon FR Daily On Lease

Past Well Pedalled Rocketships:Alfa Romeo MiTo 1.4TP 2012, VW Polo 16V 1997
    Previous Sheds: Rover 214 SLi 1995, BMW 318i 1986, Vauxhall Astra 1984. Seat Ibiza SE TDI PD 22 June 2003
    Previous Motorbikes: Kawasaki ZX6R J2 2001 Honda CRF 230 2008 Kawasaki ZX9R C2 1998,Kawasaki ZX6R F2 1995, Suzuki GSX550ESD 1986.

Quote Originally Posted by midlifecrisis View Post
    Has anyone used Funding Circle for a loan or as an investment opportunity?
    With having a stack of cash not doing anything but sitting in the bank, I feel that it should go to work.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    Have not done it myself, but I know a bunch of the partners at my work are lenders on Funding Circle, or Zopa, or some of the other P2B lenders...

I think you can generate a decent return, and if you lend out the cash in chunks rather than all to one person you can minimise the default risk!
    Last edited by JonW; 10-10-2017 at 21:17 PM. Reason: Stupid typo's
    Italian:
    2012 Granturismo S (Med Blu, Larini x-pipe)
    Other:
    2016 Range Rover Sport Autobiography
    2006 Mini Cooper S (Checkmate)

SportsMaserati.com Moderator Contigo's Avatar
    Well done Hoyin on GGP, some serious movement today, where else can you make 85% and more?

GGP 1.29 change 0.60 (+86.96%)

Plenty more to come by the looks of what they now have. Another SOLG in the making?
    Phil

"Una Maserati è una roba per pochi"

Current Fleet: 4.7 GTS MC Shift with Larini Sports Cats and ASBO H-pipe , 3200GTA, Mk1 Golf GTI 1.8 , Eunos Roadster, Audi A3 TQS Track (Tracy) Toy.
    Past Masters: 3200GT, Quattroporte DS, BMW E61 M5, Audi RS4 B5 Avant, Audi RS4 B7 , Lotus Elise S1, Celica GT-4, Eunos V-spec, Subaru Impreza Turbo 2000, Peugeot 205 GTI 1.6.

Well done Hoyin on GGP, some serious movement today, where else can you make 85% and more?

Plenty more to come by the looks of what they now have. Another SOLG in the making?
    Yes. Very lucky indeed! Hopefully still plenty of rising to be done. Surprised it hit 1p today so quickly. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

May work out that I don't need to sell the GTS to buy a bigger car. I might just keep it and buy another!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    got too many cars and not enough spaces to park them

If any of you would like to buy physical gold, silver, or platinum as a hedge against the (Brexit) sterling/market/political situation,please contact me for special terms.

Free confidential online accounts available, live dealing and worldwide storage/delivery.....handy for tax!

In GBP, Gold was +30%,2016 and +4.3% year to date. 12.3% pa average return over 15 years.
    Silver 40%, 2016 and marginally up 0.1 this year. 12.9%pa average over same

Why consider precious metals?
    1.Global stockmarkets are massively overvalued after years of central bank manipulation via QE. This is about to be unwound.
    2.Trump/Korea war risks....it could all change with a tweet!!
    3. Talk of a "Brexit no deal" could see sterling plummet.
    4. Another GLOBAL financial crisis is just around the corner......the powers that be have solved nothing- more debt exists now than EVER before.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/business/...isis-1.3249285

www.buying-bullion.com

Having an allocation to precious metals in your portfolio could be a shrewd move.
    Cheers Wattie

Are you in?? Someone made a 32.5m purchase late today!

Will probably be going crazy tomorrow! Interesting times ahead.

got too many cars and not enough spaces to park them

SportsMaserati.com Moderator Contigo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hoyin View Post
    Are you in?? Someone made a 32.5m purchase late today!

Will probably be going crazy tomorrow! Interesting times ahead.

Yes mate I'm in! topped up today too.

Yes saw that, maybe why the price was kept so low today to fill an order so big?

I reckon they will be snapped up by Newmont, they know what's down there with access to the project tenements and exploration database, as well as the right of first refusal should Greatland wish to sell or joint venture the project. Very interesting times indeed. Strad?
    Phil

"Una Maserati è una roba per pochi"

Current Fleet: 4.7 GTS MC Shift with Larini Sports Cats and ASBO H-pipe , 3200GTA, Mk1 Golf GTI 1.8 , Eunos Roadster, Audi A3 TQS Track (Tracy) Toy.
    Past Masters: 3200GT, Quattroporte DS, BMW E61 M5, Audi RS4 B5 Avant, Audi RS4 B7 , Lotus Elise S1, Celica GT-4, Eunos V-spec, Subaru Impreza Turbo 2000, Peugeot 205 GTI 1.6.

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast