4200 Spyder

zagatoes30

I am pretty sure that I will be selling my Spyder this spring / early summer.

Question, she is booked into Emblem for service in Mid March and anything that needs doing will be done but as anyone with any sense will insist on an inspection prior to buying a Maserati do you think it is worth me getting Emblem to do one whilst they have it? Then I can show it to prospective purchasers?

I believe any inspection by Emblem would be independent, they after all have their reputation, and I would have thought that most purchasers would take this on board. There might be the odd one who wants an additional check but it would be good starting point.

Views?

safrane

I would get them to do a Saturday Service and use that (Hopefully short lost) as an indication; in addition allow Emblem to report on your car to any third party. That way for most it will be pretty close to a engineers report.

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Personally, no.
Buyer normally wants control, and therefore why spend the additional money an inspection costs?
If it has recently been serviced by them, the buyer (with your permission) can speak to Emblem about the car. That might be enough without them deciding to pay for an inspection.

zagatoes30

The car has been maintained exclusively by Emblem since I have had it and on every occasion they highlight a list of things that they have noticed. I keep all the paperwork and will share this with any purchaser so they will see that overtime the issues have been resolved or have remained as items to keep an eye on in the future.

allandwf

I would think a buyer would get their own done, unless they knew Emblem and trusted their advice. If you get a general health check from them each year and address any faults then all should be good, and the buyers inspection shouldn't really highlight anything new, so they will not have a haggle point.

zagatoes30

Anyone who research buying a Maserati will soon learn about Emblems reputation but you are all probably right just trying to make the sale as easy as possible for purchaser and me

jayblue

If I were buying then a pre inspected car which had been looked over by a reputable source would be a big plus. Some obviously prefer to get it done themselves so it would depend on the buyer.

Ewan

Given your (and the cars) history with Emblem I would expect them to do this for you as part of the service at very little (if any) additional cost. I bought both my current Maserati's from clients of Emblem, based on the word of Myles - I didn't worry about further independent inspections. So, get them to do it anyway.

rockits

I found having the McGrath inspection on my hybrid has been really useful bit mainly for me to work through all the issues on the car. I think when it finally hits the market it will still be useful though.

I would say you don't need it with the provenance and work Emblem have done over the years. With a service and a clean bill of health it will need nothing further I would say.

Maybe a letter from Emblem to suggest nothing needs attending to and it comes with a clean bill of health after the service & works.

A potential buyer would only need to call Emblem to discuss the car and it's history. Will be a solid buy for someone as we know it has always been looked after.

Are you looking to replace it with something or drop it off the fleet?

zagatoes30

I suspect that Emblem would provide a relatively accurate inspection report at little cost. They know my car intimately and they know that if they raise a serious concern I deal with it straight away. It's history over the last 4 years is well documented on here and in its paperwork. The list of remaining issues that are still present compared to the original inspection report they did when I bought it from Mat is tiny although the missing red plastic cover on the battery terminal is still outstanding ;)

alfatwo

Why are you selling Andy?... what for ever the reason it would make a cracking car for someone on here who wants a Maser soft top!

Dave

zagatoes30

Need to slim the fleet down a bit and focussed on which cars I currently have that could be replaced later. SZ, 155 Q4 & Giulietta are all too rare but there are other Spyders out there and should I ever need one again I could probably find one.

MrPea

Surely the "Emblem list" is a good inspection report in itself! Particularly as it's tracked over your years of ownership. I guess you should sort that terminal cover though - a potential buyer may think you're leaving a fire hazzard untouched.

StuartW

Given your (and the cars) history with Emblem I would expect them to do this for you as part of the service at very little (if any) additional cost. I bought both my current Maserati's from clients of Emblem, based on the word of Myles - I didn't worry about further independent inspections. So, get them to do it anyway.

I agree with Ewan, a good honest conversation with Emblem who know the car well, would be enough for me if I was buying

And good luck with the sale too, I have always admired this car in your's & Matt's ownerhip

conaero

Forum Owner
I suspect that Emblem would provide a relatively accurate inspection report at little cost. They know my car intimately and they know that if they raise a serious concern I deal with it straight away. It's history over the last 4 years is well documented on here and in its paperwork. The list of remaining issues that are still present compared to the original inspection report they did when I bought it from Mat is tiny although the missing red plastic cover on the battery terminal is still outstanding ;)

Just make sure you fit the positive terminal battery cover before the inspection...not bitter :)

zagatoes30

So if anyone is interested my Spyder will be up for sale towards the end of March post its yearly service with Emblem. I will out together a proper classified later but in essence it is a 03 Classico with a face lift front in Med Blue with Tan interior, 63k on the clock. I will be looking for circa £20k which might be ambitious for the mileage but I think condition and history will support that figure (i don't buy that prices fall off a cliff post 50k)

So if anyone is looking you know where it is