sospanbach

hello chaps not had my 3200 long just a couple of questions the lads out there will know, what does the push button on the tacho do? the one on the speedo is the trip, the wipers work fine but whats the options on the stalk refer to I pull handle down wipers work fine? if you wanted air con on whats the position of heater controls to work it, you can probably tell I never got no literature with the car and am reluctant to start pressing without knowing thanks lads love the car amazing regards dave

allandwf

Hi, good choice of car. I "think" the knob on the tacho is the instrument dimmer control. You turn heater control knob into the blue section and aircon, and it should blow cold.

sospanbach

thanks for that appreciate it, put the heat control in the blue, what about the other 2 dials auto mode? cant see the usual air con symbol regards dave

safrane

If its the same as the GS the eco button lights up when the Air Con is on, press and the light goes out and the AC is off.

The wipers will flick once if you push the arm to its sprung movement.

davy83

tach knob is the interior lights dimmer. Eco button as suggested is the AC on and off, leave it on! it steams up without it even in the winter. wiper control i can't remember but its not tricky, and you rotate the wiper control for intermittent wipe.

sospanbach

not yet getting used to the car first, have had it in sport mode briefly didn't notice a great deal of difference, never had the asr on to be honest just been carefull at the moment should there be a big uptake when sport mode selected or is it more subtle? dave

Contigo

Sponsor
not yet getting used to the car first, have had it in sport mode briefly didn't notice a great deal of difference, never had the asr on to be honest just been carefull at the moment should there be a big uptake when sport mode selected or is it more subtle? dave
Massive difference, the car is much more settled and the ASR relaxed so that you can have some sideways fun. It won't let you do donuts you need ASR off for that!

sospanbach

thanks phil, so sport mode on asr on you reckon car more relaxed will try that, last car I had with similar power was a twin turbo rx7 very lively on the back end this car different beast love it to bits dave

Contigo

Sponsor
The 3200 is extremely lively in SPORT mode, drive it all the time in that mode as it feels more planted and improves throttle response and holds the revs longer (if Auto) plus it lets you sit on the limiter if using the gear selector too. In the wet SPORT mode needs to be used carefully if you are not keen on a dab of oppo!

alfatwo

thanks phil, so sport mode on asr on you reckon car more relaxed will try that, last car I had with similar power was a twin turbo rx7 very lively on the back end this car different beast love it to bits dave

Wait for a nice warm day though.. spinning the rear wheels up at 100mph in a fairly heavy car, you need to be on the ball ;)

Dave

dunnah01

In the wet SPORT mode needs to be used carefully if you are not keen on a dab of oppo!

It needs to be turned off in the wet unless you're a driving god ,and IIRC the green light on means aircon off (eco mode)

davy83

sport on and ASR off is pretty full on and I certainly would not drive around like that every day, especially ASR. I put sport on and off regularly, and i notice the difference, especially ride smoothness, but the ASR works really well, and generally stops you from destroying your car, and yourself without interfering too much, it helps more often than it gets in the way. There are occasions when the ASR seems to be causing problems, but you have to ask yourself what would have happened if it was off? i would get used to it with the ASR on and then try switching that off once you have a good grip of the car, especially the crazy turbos, that gets you every time.

davy83

i have had my car over 10 years i think and it didn't work for the first 2 years but has worked ever since. I didn't know i was lucky!

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
i have had my car over 10 years i think and it didn't work for the first 2 years but has worked ever since. I didn't know i was lucky!

I seem to remember it having a problem getting through roadworks without breaking down! :D

greeny12

My car's air con works when it feels like it. I have had periods of both heat and cold, cold but no heat, and heat but no cold, together with regular appearances of the 'E' symbol - even when air is blowing out at the temperature I expected.

I just put it down to the time of the month...