Heater matrix failed

FIFTY

Hi Mav. Good progress mate that sense of satisfaction should start kicking in if not already :)

Just wondering, do the front seats have to come out in order to get the dash panel clear or can they stay in? Not bothered if they must come out as there is 14 years/60k miles worth of grime under the seats along with some of the original plastic packaging from the factory which irritates me a bit, it's a good excuse to tidy it up under there.

Some of the plastic trims that run along the rail have broken so I could replace those. I also could use some new matching grey mats as mine are deteriorating on the underside. Can I go to maserati for these or better to get them made up?

For the other carpets did you use shampoo to wash them? Id consider hiring a steam cleaner to help get the grime out the rugs if better

maverick

Hi Mav. Good progress mate that sense of satisfaction should start kicking in if not already :)

Just wondering, do the front seats have to come out in order to get the dash panel clear or can they stay in? Not bothered if they must come out as there is 14 years/60k miles worth of grime under the seats along with some of the original plastic packaging from the factory which irritates me a bit, it's a good excuse to tidy it up under there.

Some of the plastic trims that run along the rail have broken so I could replace those. I also could use some new matching grey mats as mine are deteriorating on the underside. Can I go to maserati for these or better to get them made up?

For the other carpets did you use shampoo to wash them? Id consider hiring a steam cleaner to help get the grime out the rugs if better

It's not essential to remove the seats but it makes life so so so much easier , it takes 30 mins to do so and will save you ages of struggling .ref carpets I just gave them a good hoovering that's all .

FIFTY

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissens-Hea...%3Afc62bbec15a0a606414f2451fffaee84%7Ciid%3A1

Is the Nissens Alfa 166 in the link above is the correct part ?

Got this in my shopping basket asking with the low profile ratchet driver that Voicey recommended and a set of plastic interior pry tools

Back from Thailand on Saturday, looking forward to taking the Maser out for a blast then getting to work got a lot to do on it (cam covers, remove & restore front grille, new headlamps and the heater matrix)...

I had a dream last night that I got in it and pressed the SPORTS button and it worked lol wishful thinking but one step at a time.

Edit: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321533582958

maverick

Carnt open the link but it's a nissens alfa 166 part no 70016 ,hopefully by early next week a full how to with pics .

Steve GS

Is there any difference on the gs apart from the centre counsel I need to know about. I have a free week coming up and this is a long over due job.

BL330

Hi Steve, PM me your email address if you would like a copy of Superkart 78's 4200 instruction from 2010 or Bill Taylor's 4200 Spyder instructions from 2012.
These were kindly forwarded to me from within the forum and guided me through mine okay.