Edd leaves Wheeler Dealers

StuartW

I think the show was over due for a refresh though and Ant will do a good job, he knows his onions and won't want to take any shortcuts. His restorations are stunning

redsonnylee

That's a shame, I enjoyed watching the show for his tips. I have a couple of old shows saved on a few builds for future reference.

Spartacus

Edd has left because Wheeler Dealer s want to cut down ( or dumb down ) the mechanical work that we see Edd carrying out . This is for the American market . Discovery Channel has basically been getting sh1tter for years now and have given in to the money paid to them to show American scripted cr4p programming for the mentally stupid . Well done Edd . I bet Mike stays .....$$$$$$$$$

You can all look forward to product placement being used on the cars from the highest bidder , less technical detail , stupid "tension" music over the dialouge and more fat Americans shouting alot ...no thanks.

RIP Wheeler Dealers

Last edited:

RSM Masser

Always liked the show and preferred Edds tinkering to Mikes somewhat annoying part searches. I always thought more could be made of the actual spanner turning and dismantling, explaining how things go together and how / why they work - or don't!
The finished products always spoil it a bit for me, new tyres rarely shown on the total cost of a rebuild but always seem to be fitted to the car, along with a professional detail rather than a bucket of soapy water.
Good entertainment nonetheless.

Vampyrebat

Edd has left because Wheeler Dealer s want to cut down ( or dumb down ) the mechanical work that we see Edd carrying out . This is for the American market . Discovery Channel has basically been getting sh1tter for years now and have given in to the money paid to them to show American scripted cr4p programming for the mentally stupid . Well done Edd . I bet Mike stays .....$$$$$$$$$

You can all look forward to product placement being used on the cars from the highest bidder , less technical detail , stupid "tension" music over the dialouge and more fat Americans shouting alot ...no thanks.

RIP Wheeler Dealers

Totally agree, he was the only reason I watched the program. I always thought I would love to go for a pint with Mr China!!.........Just left with Wayne Carini and Chasing Classic Cars then!

conaero

Forum Owner
Oh well, quite enjoying the new CAR SOS series, one talented mechanic and one loud mouth idiot, sound familiar?

I agree, WD has sold out to the US audience of contrived in fighting, not interest in that at all.

RIP WD, time to buy the box set and cancel Sky I feel.

StuartW

Not to mention that Aaron Kaufman has left the Gas Monkey Garage so Fast N Loud will never be the same. What a seismic week this has been ...

allandwf

Oh well, somethings are best left alone, still have the drumming ex bus mechanic to watch though. ;)

conaero

Forum Owner
Not to mention that Aaron Kaufman has left the Gas Monkey Garage so Fast N Loud will never be the same. What a seismic week this has been ...

Job swap?

Aaron has not left, its more American BS. If he had left why is he still on the show building a car for Street Outlaws in his own garage.

Oh, surprise sur-fin-surprise, Street Outlaws is owned by Discovery.

They must think we are stupid to fall for their "run out of ideas" tactics.

When a car show becomes more about the people than the cars, its time to end it.

Jkulin

I used to always like WD, but when they went to the US market I switched off as it is just boring. I follow them on FB but soon to switch that off as well as all I see is Brewer with his face everywhere nothing of any interest, we all know what he looks like so why does he keep publishing selfies?:frusty6::naker:

conaero

Forum Owner
Just switched on Discovery Turbo and there is an American show called Turn and Burn, good god, what utter ****!

jasst

Well done Edd for sticking to his principles, afraid WD has gone down hill since it was taken over by Velocity, yet another British classic ruined by the Yanks, Ant is a first rate mechanic, hope he doesn't regret joining WD in the long run.

Spartacus

Just to clear things up for people ,

Sky is Sh1t , Americans programs are sh1t . All fly on the wall programs on the documentry menu are sh1t .

I refuse to watch any American program as the production and fakery make my blood boil !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They should just call every program on the Documenty menu "Ice Road -Pawn -Chopper- Storage -Hotrod -Swamp -Gold -Recon -Hunter Actors "

Or Pawn Actors or Storage Actors

its all sh1t

.....im going for a lie down

Last edited:

Marcelati

From time to time I still go and watch the good old days of WD. Those are the fun bits, where the guys really had to put their hands to work, and we would learn lots from their tips! That what used to drive all of us, fans!

Spartacus

I was forced to watch Fast and Loud last night .... its was bloody awfull !!

That dopey **** with a beard left the garage , went home and rode round and round in circles on a motorbike on his drive like a big baby with a film crew filming him . Then competitors turned up and offerd him a job .

Im cancelling Sky today

Last edited: