Cat proof - Car cover

Kazzer

Guys

I need to purchase an outdoor car cover for the GTS - can anyone recommend one that is cat proof - that is strong enough to stop its claws meeting the paintwork.

I have tried to stop the cat by reasonable methods - it jumps on the top of the back gate then runs down the full length of the car.

Thanks in advance

Karen

CatmanV2

Harleys wax.

The cover will probably end up swirling your paint especially if the car is not absolutely spotless when you put it on, and then the cat will rub it in. Harleys however, will cause them significant traction issues. Ask me how I know :D

C

safrane

Buy some carpet gripper from your local DIY shop (the wodden type with sharp tacks in it. Nail same to wooden gate where said cat walks.

That will stop it using that route after one run....its also good for billy burglars!

Corranga

I love a challenging problem.

How to electrify a car cover without frying the ECU, interesting..

beau

Problem with car cover with cats is more often than not, the cat then has something to claw, so they rip it up instead

spkennyuk

I love a challenging problem.

How to electrify a car cover without frying the ECU, interesting..

Breathable plastic layer under the electric layer and then a fleece layer under that to protect the paint should do the trick.

Its easier to put a non lethal electric colar on the cat and a proximity field round the car. :)

Kazzer

Thanks for the responses -will try the gentler methods first - already tried pepper and water