Spyder Hood

Caldy999

Whilst opening hood, stopped part way per photo. Battery reset etc no difference, everything locked solid. Opened 2 plugs behind seats, drivers side a blade screw, passenger side a nut. Any idea where to go from here as I need to get into the boot to check the fuses.
IMG_1891.jpg
IMG_1889.jpg
IMG_1890.jpg

zagatoes30

4200? There are two switches in the cubby hole between the seats click both those and that should release the locks but it must be jammed somewhere as it normally should move freely once the power to the hydraulics is off

Caldy999

Tried that - can hear the motor whirring. Both the rear deck and the top rail are free as the roof opening stopped half way through the cycle. It may be a fuse but the partly raised rear deck prevents me opening the boot to check the fuses.

Caldy999

Yes I've loosened the blade head screw but couldn't detect any air movement. Should I hear anything?

Stewart

Try pushing Second spar in hood to the rear, if the elastic is slack this spar gets jammed and stops the top opening.if it pushes to the rear then try letting the pump catch up with the cycle.

alfi boy

I've got an Allen key for releasing something at the front of mine, not sure if that would help!

Caldy999

Never understand Maserati - opened pressure relief screw, went for a glass of vino. Came back, tightened screw and pressed hood opening button. After a couple of false starts, various whirring and an odd clunk, it sorted itself out and is now properly open.
Time to try and release A pillar cover to lay in a power cable for the in-car camera.
Thanks for all the suggestions.

Stewart

Never understand Maserati - opened pressure relief screw, went for a glass of vino. Came back, tightened screw and pressed hood opening button. After a couple of false starts, various whirring and an odd clunk, it sorted itself out and is now properly open.
Time to try and release A pillar cover to lay in a power cable for the in-car camera.
Thanks for all the suggestions.
This points as I thought to the second spar jamming...take care out you may end up with damage to hood or worse bent spar.
Next time open hood to just about vertical above your head then get someone to push Second spar back then continue to fully open the top.

Caldy999

This points as I thought to the second spar jamming...take care out you may end up with damage to hood or worse bent spar.
Next time open hood to just about vertical above your head then get someone to push Second spar back then continue to fully open the top.
.....you almost sound as if you're speaking from experience!!!

Stewart

I am about to test my new nicker elastic for the first time this yr, weather looks like summer, service and mot round the bend, been thou all the hood problem, but still nervous every time you pull on hand brake....

Caldy999

I spoke too soon - now I can't open the roof! The cycle begins with the rear pins unlocking and the rear window lifting. However, the front pins do not unlock and the manual locking centre bolt will not move. Fuse is ok, so does anyone have any ideas please?

MrPea

I have similar going on, so have just released the bypass and operate it manually until i get some time to investigate the pump. I'm expecting to find it needing a top up with central hydraulic fluid.

Caldy999

I hope it's that simple - I'll have a looksee tmw.
How 'tight' should the Allen key be that unlocks the top screen points? I've used a fair bit of force but it won't budge.

Last edited:

MrPea

I hope it's that simple - I'll have a looksee tmw.
How 'tight' should the Allen key be that unlocks the top screen points? I've used a fair bit of force but it won't budge.
Haha, you definitely need a fair bit of elbow grease for that one! I have a small ratchet socket in my voice box as the extra leverage is very helpful.

MrPea

Haha, love autoincorrect!

I hope I can get that out before May as I'm singing for a friend's wedding during tree signing if the register!