Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2017 SatNav Update

Update delayed under advice from Maserati Technical due to an issue updating someone else's car. Not really bothered as long as I get the update before Sept.
    2015 Ghibli S
    2001 Alfa Romeo Spider Lusso

Previous cars
    Alfa Romeo Giulietta 1.4 MultiAir 170, Mazda RX-8, Alfa Romeo 156 Selespeed, Alfa Romeo 146 Ti, Alfasud SC 1.5, Willys MB (1942)

Dropped my car in for a service today, and the SatNav update. Sadly the map update was still reporting 'unknown file type' or some such so the dealer wasn't able to update the maps. Saved me a little cash for now but I'd really like to get the update done before we go away at the end of August. Time to try another dealer?
    2015 Ghibli S

Previous cars
    Alfa Romeo Giulietta 1.4 MultiAir 170, Mazda RX-8, Alfa Romeo 156 Selespeed, Alfa Romeo 146 Ti, Alfasud SC 1.5, Willys MB (1942)

The joys or should I say Woes of Maserati updates never straight forward and so time consuming.
    One of the many things I don't miss working for them for sure.
    Technician for Wanganui Motors Ford and Mazda.
    Technician for Fredco Automasters Auckland.
    Technician for Auckland Maserati and Lotus in New Zealand March 2015 to July 2016.
    On my second 4200 cambio corsa brought over to NZ.
    Current fleet:
    Maserati 4200 cambio corsa MY 2004.
    Ford Ranger 4x4 XLT 3.2 Auto work and plaything.
    1977 Daimler Sovereign XJC 4.2 one of only 2 in New Zealand.
    1976 Mini Clubman 1275 on the road project.
    1994 Mini Cooper on the road for www.porkpie,co.nz
    2010 BMW G450X Enduro Bike for exercise
    1976 Kawasaki Z1000.
    1973 Raleigh Chopper 3 Speed in orange.

Indeed ... so temperamental
    Stuart
    GranTurismo MC Stradale - formerly the Maserati GB press car

Selected previous Italian past masters:-

GranTurismo S MC-Shift; 3200GT Assetto Corsa # 33/75; Lancia Beta Spyder; Lancia Delta Integrale Evoluzione

Quote Originally Posted by MrMickS View Post
    The SatNav warned me that the data might be out of date (2014 data set) and to contact the dealer to check for an update. To my surprise there is a 2017 update available for the pre MY17 Ghibli.

It's not particularly cheap, but what is on this car, at £150 or so but less than I thought it would be. It's a dealer upload so my car is booked in for just before Easter. It'll be good to drive up the A1(M) without telling me I'm in a field and trying to direct me onto a road.
    Yes my sat nav puts me in a field sometimes. Usually when it hasn't been used for a while. It finds its way back to the road after a few minutes though. I guess the sat nav is hunting for a satellite for a while.

I have read on the U.S Ghibli site some owners doing updates using the Garmin update page selecting Chrysler or Dodge and downloading onto a memory stick and then uploading into the car. Not sure if it possible for UK/European maps but potentially could save a lot of money.
    Ghibli V6 D Emmozione blue / Sabbia Nero interior delivered new July '15

The cost is the same for the maps alone as Maserati are proposing to charge me. One of the things I want is the updated dealer network for when I'm travelling so I really want the Maser ones.
    2015 Ghibli S

Previous cars

Bumping this thread to ask is anyone has had this done successfully? I'm now thinking about ringing around other dealers, even though that'll mean taking a day off work, in order to get the update done.
    2015 Ghibli S

Previous cars

Mine is playing up again and I want the (same) dealer to fix it now. Fed up of re installs not fixing the issue

I've pretty much given up on this now. Nothing back from the local MD and another one I spoke to about it said that they'd done it but had customers complaining that the data is still old, missing postcodes and the like. So I'll just put up with the out dated maps for the moment and think about it again next year if there is another update.

Why Maserati won't let adventurous customers update their own map data I've no idea. They can always have a disclaimer and charge the usual small fortune to put it right if anyone does break their system. That said its just maps for goodness sake, copying files from a USB stick onto the internal storage. There is even an menu option in the MTC to do it. Its not exactly rocket science.
    2015 Ghibli S

Previous cars

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast