Fairly Deep scratches

D Walker

That is a serious amount of wax,
I would really like to learn how to do it properly.
I actually enjoy cleaning cars...

Heavenly

Its actually very very ******* the body. Some of the best detailers in the UK have back and wrist issues and I know most of them well.

A machine polisher is a heavy product and at arms length for hours at a time can take its toll. A car can take anything from 10 hours to 100+ and patience is the key, I can totally zone out and its my chill time but I've always enjoyed it so its no problem but if you have no patience then its pointless.

Here is a video of an R8 I did quite a few years ago with some hand waxing involved. It shows what you can do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HehRP4zTJ-A

I actually offer days training for people wanting to get into detailing and a few companies have now blossomed off the back of it and making a very nice income, more importantly everyone needs help in life, I'm not a believer I'm creating a monster attacking my customer base, I believe if you train people correctly it can only be for the good of people owning cars, there are so many people now detailing because a machine polisher is sub £100 and with a pad, a polish and a fancy website you can look to the be the best in the world yet have no real world experience as its not regulated.. It amazes me how many new detailers dont even own a paint depth gauge.

KIlled myself yesterday polsihing and waxing. Hat's off to you. I watched multple videos on line of guys polishing and waxing their bonnets (and only a quarter of it so you could compare how great it looks) - 10 hours later, I now am far more familiar with all the imperfections, scratches, paint chips etc, and hopefully marginally better loking paint. Since it wasn't sunny I couldn't see how well I'd done on the swirl and hologram removal front.

It's all a learning curve. Bonnet, boot and roof are a pleasure to do, side and front are a pain!

It ain't easy, and I spent the day hoping I wasn't doing more harm than good tbh. Then all my stuff went back into a large carrier bag!

Eb