Rant Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

safrane

I find cyclists riding on the ring road where I used to live... nothing wrong with that... except there is a cycle path for them along the same route with dedicated lanes, bridges and traffic lights... what a waste of £3.1m

Last edited by a moderator:

GeoffCapes

I can’t be bothered arguing against the anti-cyclist brigade, their view won’t change unless someone they know who’s a cyclist gets killed or seriously injured so what’s the point?

JonW

I can’t be bothered arguing against the anti-cyclist brigade, their view won’t change unless someone they know who’s a cyclist gets killed or seriously injured so what’s the point?

I’m a cyclist and agree 100% that the way some drivers behave towards cyclist borders on the dangerous, psychotic, and fvcking ridiculous.. it’s bizarre how the sight of people in Lycra appears to make (some) rational people become completely irrational.

I also know and agree that sometimes it’s better for cyclists to be two or even three abreast...

That said, as a driver, I have to admit that there are way too many cyclists who take the p1ss. They ignore the rules of the road, they seem to believe red lights don’t apply to them, and they show no consideration whatsoever to other road users. As such, whilst I would never wish anyone to get hurt, there are times when I find myself shouting at cyclists when I’m driving and getting annoyed by them...

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Some drivers are ******* idiots. So are some cyclists. Always has been the case, is now, always will be. Amen.

Thing is, now there are more of each, so more people to be tw4ts and more to get annoyed about them.

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
I’m a cyclist and agree 100% that the way some drivers behave towards cyclist borders on the dangerous, psychotic, and fvcking ridiculous.. it’s bizarre how the sight of people in Lycra appears to make (some) rational people become completely irrational.

I also know and agree that sometimes it’s better for cyclists to be two or even three abreast...

That said, as a driver, I have to admit that there are way too many cyclists who take the p1ss. They ignore the rules of the road, they seem to believe red lights don’t apply to them, and they show no consideration whatsoever to other road users. As such, whilst I would never wish anyone to get hurt, there are times when I find myself shouting at cyclists when I’m driving and getting annoyed by them...

Three abreast?! Now that’s really taking the p!ss, and will be sure to antagonise just about every driver that’s queued up behind you doing 10mph down a twisty B-road. Or any road.

keith

Before I bought the Ghibli I made an appointment at Marenello in Egham.
I arrived on time and after s test drive I was discussing the car and a, dare I say it, discount with the salesman.
He told me he would have to go and serve his next customer who had arrived early to pick the BMW i8 he was buying.
Unfortunately his independent attitude cost him a sale, as I ordered my car elsewhere.

D Walker

Me, Where are the scaffolders, to the staff foreman,
Ground Floor ACN like you asked,
Nope, they are finished there,
He shuffles from foot to foot,
So where are they? I’ll go find them,
2 hours later, him to me, Can we have a work order for today’s work, me , you can for the morning,
What about the afternoon, they weren’t there, but they need paying, I’m not signing the time sheets, tell me where they were and I’ll sort something out, still can’t tell me.
Bunch of pi55 taking barstewards....

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Before I bought the Ghibli I made an appointment at Marenello in Egham.
I arrived on time and after s test drive I was discussing the car and a, dare I say it, discount with the salesman.
He told me he would have to go and serve his next customer who had arrived early to pick the BMW i8 he was buying.
Unfortunately his independent attitude cost him a sale, as I ordered my car elsewhere.

I hope you dropped in to show him, or the dealer principal, the car you bought somewhere else, and then explained why?

Zep

Me, Where are the scaffolders, to the staff foreman,
Ground Floor ACN like you asked,
Nope, they are finished there,
He shuffles from foot to foot,
So where are they? I’ll go find them,
2 hours later, him to me, Can we have a work order for today’s work, me , you can for the morning,
What about the afternoon, they weren’t there, but they need paying, I’m not signing the time sheets, tell me where they were and I’ll sort something out, still can’t tell me.
Bunch of pi55 taking barstewards....

They were in the canteen. Even I can tell you that. :)

D Walker

They were in the canteen. Even I can tell you that. :)
There isn’t one, they are moving teams between jobs and charging the company, ie, over billing for men on site, I’ve done a head count, thing is, why should I care, don’t hold the budget, not accountable, but I have moral conviction in spades, gathering 5he evidence, I’m on a winner...again...

Zep

There isn’t one, they are moving teams between jobs and charging the company, ie, over billing for men on site, I’ve done a head count, thing is, why should I care, don’t hold the budget, not accountable, but I have moral conviction in spades, gathering 5he evidence, I’m on a winner...again...

I hear you, my scaffolding jobs have always been on a contract basis, so as long as it is done I don’t care. I’ve always considered pissing off a scaffolder like complaining about a waiter, but with a harder landing....

D Walker

I hear you, my scaffolding jobs have always been on a contract basis, so as long as it is done I don’t care. I’ve always considered pissing off a scaffolder like complaining about a waiter, but with a harder landing....
Hear you, I’ve had a couple of toe to toe’s, but when you sign the time sheets, and approve the overtime, I know the score, I usually get them to one side, pull your puds and I’ll see you right, take the mick, bye, I plan the jobs, there is a bit of fat, they aren’t overly pushed...

GeoffCapes

I'm pretty sure I've already put this on here, but I'll do it again.
Microsoft! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Their stupid updates killed my last laptop, so I went and bought an iMac, which works perfectly. And faultlessly.
However, because of the way of the world, I still have to run some Microsoft products on my MAC.

The Apple updates take seconds, and are hardly noticeable. The Microsoft ones slows down the computer so much that nothing can be used whilst said update is being run.
And worse still, if you don't update them, it slows down the computer so you have to do the update!

Fecking Microsoft I hate you!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.