Rant Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeoffCapes

looks like Microsoft has excel'd in p1ssing you off

As the yoof of today might say "word"

They have indeed excel'd in p1ssing me off, and the Outlook isn't great either!
If anyone asked my opinion I would (power)point them in the direction away from their products.

And as if by magic, this has just popped up only screen.

Screenshot 2018-11-01 12.03.32.png

GeoffCapes

Why not disable the auto-update feature.
Re-enable at a time that suits you.

If only it were that simple. Microsoft uploads the update to my pc, slowing everything down, and the only way to get things sped up again is to do the update.
So basically it is like two updates!

The only way around it is to not have Microsoft products!

lifes2short

nobs who park half off the road and on pavement, makes absolutely no difference coz you still cant get past with oncoming traffic anyway, so absolutely fooking pointless, just park in the road and leave the pavement for pedestrians

rockits

If only it were that simple. Microsoft uploads the update to my pc, slowing everything down, and the only way to get things sped up again is to do the update.
So basically it is like two updates!

The only way around it is to not have Microsoft products!
It is that simple to disable the auto update and also that simple to not use Microsoft products. There are alternatives.

Outlook has always been sh1t on a Mac and likely always will be. Your lucky you didn't have to endure Entourage before Outlook came along on a Mac. Now that was really really sh1te.

lifes2short

well this just wound me up big time this morning, why can't wives leave your stuff alone, spent the last hour trying to find some foreign dosh I'd left on the kitchen table only to find out she'd picked it up and put in a drawer in the study without telling me ffs

dgmx5

Magazine dates - latest evo received in the post a couple of days ago whilst still in October. Issue 255, January 2019! That's the thick end of a quarter away. Why do they do that?

GeoffCapes

Magazine dates - latest evo received in the post a couple of days ago whilst still in October. Issue 255, January 2019! That's the thick end of a quarter away. Why do they do that?

Never understood that. If you get a new issue on the 1st November, it should be the November edition. Not December.
And certainly not January!

Devonboy

Fecking Maserati Gaskets - WTF how do the Italians get them all to fail at 8 years old? Just to coincide with that really cheap service 4! This year - 2 cam gasket gaskets, gearbox gaskets, steering pump seals and o rings - it’s gutting all that labour for the cost of parts....

I am gonna have to get a proper job at this rate.....

Here Endeth the Rant

Amen

MarkMas

Chief pedant
Never understood that. If you get a new issue on the 1st November, it should be the November edition. Not December. And certainly not January!

It's about apparent currency and shelf life. If you put a mag dated 'November' on the W H Smith shelf on 1 November, that's fine, but a lot of people won't buy it after about 15 November as they want to 'wait for the new one'. When I worked on a monthly magazine (years ago) the 'November issue' was distributed to subscribers and vendors on the 25th of September, which meant that I was starting to write the 'November' news pages at the end of August!

Ewan

Don’t panic Scaf. If you keep the mileage in the twenties, it’ll have a value in the twenties. It’s only when the mileage goes over mark that the value really drops. :eek:

Scaf

Lol - where values sit now it’s a keeper !
But seriously- it equals my Jag XJ for bang for bucks (albeit a totally different market).
If I had room I would park park something rather special next to it - till then .........
I WILL ENJOY

Status
Not open for further replies.