Rant Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scaf

It was raining first thing today and when I was out for coffee this morning I saw chap in shorts, flip flops and a coat - very strange.

Parking spaces during Christmas shopping expeditions!
Saw two ladies (I use the term loosely they had more thighs than Nando's) fighting after one tried to nick in another's place. Did not see it resolved I could not listen to the language any longer

Lozzer

It was raining first thing today and when I was out for coffee this morning I saw chap in shorts, flip flops and a coat - very strange.

Obviously he's been to OZ ,failed, and still trying to hang onto the dream.....

Nayf

I’m having to do this. Have just got another greyhound and he’s not mastered outdoor deliveries of his ‘modern art sculptures’. When the whines come at 4am it’s easier to wear shorts and sleep rather than fumble looking for the joggers.

safrane

Self locking cars..... arghh.
Stuck at home now engine running after starting the car and then defrosting it and the GFs car.
A 2 hour wait for the AA now...sodding rental cars.

allandwf

Stuck at home now engine running after starting the car and then defrosting it and the GFs car.
I agree, never happened to me but, a work colleague was locked out of his BMW when he got out to clear snow from the car in a lay-by. Luckily phone his was in his pocket.

Last edited:

Scaf

What a nightmare, but that is pretty **** technology that will lock it if the engine in running.
I think I would have needed to call auto glass rather than the AA though - but then I am inpatient!

GeoffCapes

I always worry about that, however, I always keep a spare key to hand. Although I guess they only give you one with a hire car....

The Jag is pretty good as it's a keyless system, so I turn the car on to defrost and then go back in the warm until it does so. I don't have to worry about the car being stolen as they would only get 10 yards up the road before it was out of range of the key and turn off.
Well, I hope thats what would happen!

CatmanV2

I always worry about that, however, I always keep a spare key to hand. Although I guess they only give you one with a hire car....

The Jag is pretty good as it's a keyless system, so I turn the car on to defrost and then go back in the warm until it does so. I don't have to worry about the car being stolen as they would only get 10 yards up the road before it was out of range of the key and turn off.

I think it'll probably wait until it stops....

C

safrane

safrane said:
So AA was called and fortunately I had a house key as it was almost amnd hour and a half.

Just as he got out of the van the engine in the car stopped...and the car unlocked!!!

So it seems that after an hour and a half stationery the car automatically switches off and unlocks... thats the last time I defrost Charlotte's car!

safrane

The hire car normally only locks once driving, but today it locked after 10 mins of engine running but not moving.

Vampyrebat

The hire car normally only locks once driving, but today it locked after 10 mins of engine running but not moving.
Could it be something frozen rather than locked? I have a courtesy car at the moment, got into the car fine, drove 3 miles into work. When I tried to shut the door it refused and didn't engage at all. I had to heat the door until the inner mechanism thawed and released allowing me to shut/lock the door.

Oneball

I used to have a Volvo that would randomly lock itself. Something to do with interference with the alarm.

safrane

Could it be something frozen rather than l have a courtesy car at the moment, got into the car fine, drove 3 miles into work. When I tried to shut the door it refused and didn't engage at all. I had to heat the door until the inner mechanism thawed and released allowing me to shut/lock the door.
Doubt it...it was steaming after 10mins with the heater on full temp and none of the micro switches were clicking even the boot. It only unlocked when the car swithched off after an hour and a half.

rockits

Believe it or not it keeps going! At least it did on the previous XJ I had. You start it with key in range and you can drive off out of range and it still keeps going. Didn't find out how long it would go for but was way down the road and we'll out of range.

Had a 1996 Ford Probe V6 years back that I had a similar incident in. Dropped my late nan back home after a family meal at my parents one night. Parked outside her house with engine, stereo, heater, lights on and got out to go round to help her out and to the door. All fine until I go to get back in my door and it's locked! All still running and can hear the radio at 11pm.

She must have just knocked the silly rocker lock/unlock button on the passenger door card as she got out. Luckily a quick call to my dad and he came out with some tools and some wire coat hangers. Managed to feed a coat hanger in the top and side of the frameless windows to just nudge the unlock button again to get back in! Stupid design really that you can lock it from the inside when open and shut it still locked with the key or fob being used.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.