Rant Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockits

Thanks. Good to know. I find HSBC very poor at best, inept more accurately. Lloyds have been very good. First Direct for personal always been excellent. Barclays similar to HSBC always in my personal experience of course.

Following my debit card fiasco with N/Wide just before my hols I complained on line asking for redress.
The N/Wide chappies got back to me yesterday and have refuted my points one by one.
So I think i know what I will do next.......

CatmanV2

Agreed. And the HSBC app is good, too. It makes it very easy to pay Matt for stuff on an alarmingly regular basis. I'm starting to wonder if he might be an ex-wife.

That is possibly one of the most horrific things I've ever heard.

But yes, the new app is top notch. I quite like the cards as well (although that's a really really dumb reason to have a specific bank account)
Benefits on the premier account are pretty good as well.

Actually the reason I have an HSBC account is that when Mrs Catman and I got together, no other financial institution would touch me with a barge pole, and HSBC only would because the bank manager (yes they still existed, then) was Mrs Catman's godfather. I still had to sign any rights away to our first flat and I wasn't allowed a current account.

So far they've not ****** anything up, so I'm still with them.

C

rockits

I would love to move both business bank accounts away from HSBC but I can't afford the time at the moment as have too many regular transactions.

They have made so many c0ck ups over the years it is untrue. Had one only last week. They had our address wrong for correspondence even though we had moved office and changed the address. They have been sending random marketing tosh to the old address. It came back unknown or moved away written by new office tenant returned to HSBC.

They locked one business account so we couldn't make any payments as they though there was somethimg fraudulent going on. Caused problem paying bills and direct debits didn't go through. A few hours on telephone support sorted it.

They did this for one account but not for the other business that had exactly the same issue. Security consistency right there! I asked why they hadn't done the same the other account as I'm concerned about your security practices. Well sure if your other account is not locked there is no problem. I explained the issue but it was lost on them.

I asked why nobody thought to pick up a phone and call me? We don't do that site we will just send a letter or email you. You know the address is wrong so a letter is no good is it. However I have not received any emails either. Have you sent any. I can't see sir. Can you call me in future when there are any issues like this please? Sorry sir we can do that we will send a letter or email. Your joking right?!

I made a complaint and asked someone to call me as this was not good enough. It is causing my business problems.....still waiting for the call!

Vampyrebat

We were asked to be part of a report that the Mirror on Sunday were doing on the Boxing association our son Louis attends. This sounded great and we agreed to us all being interviewed.

The Reporter interviewed Karen and myself and was pushing regarding if there was anything wrong with Louis, we said the only event in Louis’s life was that he was extremely prem. being born at 1lb 6 oz but he caught up very soon and he is now a perfectly normal 15 year old teenager with no issues.

The Reporter then went on to interview Louis, who basically said that the boxing has given him more confidence and that he loves it!

We were pretty disgusted to read the paper yesterday to see how they had massively distorted the truth with ‘Louis has learning difficulties’, ‘He was the kid everyone picked on’ and ‘He used to sit on his own in a corner’

This p!ssed us off so much as they were lying just to make a better storey!!

GeoffCapes

We were asked to be part of a report that the Mirror on Sunday were doing on the Boxing association our son Louis attends. This sounded great and we agreed to us all being interviewed.

The Reporter interviewed Karen and myself and was pushing regarding if there was anything wrong with Louis, we said the only event in Louis’s life was that he was extremely prem. being born at 1lb 6 oz but he caught up very soon and he is now a perfectly normal 15 year old teenager with no issues.

The Reporter then went on to interview Louis, who basically said that the boxing has given him more confidence and that he loves it!

We were pretty disgusted to read the paper yesterday to see how they had massively distorted the truth with ‘Louis has learning difficulties’, ‘He was the kid everyone picked on’ and ‘He used to sit on his own in a corner’

This p!ssed us off so much as they were lying just to make a better storey!!

And people have a go at The Sun. They're all as bad as each other.

Next they will be saying Tyson Fury overcame learning disabilities to become world champion. He was born at 28 weeks and weighed a similar amount to your Louis.
If you are on Twitter, send him a link to the story, and he will probably reply. He's good with stuff like that.

Bumped (literally) into him at Syon Park hotel, even though he is absolutely huge (I'm 6ft 3" and he towered over me) he was the politest, nicest bloke you could imagine.

Vampyrebat

Cheers Mark, I may just do that!!..............People like Tyson generally are like that because they have nothing to prove!!

MrPea

There's a pretty famous actor with whom I was at school, and we shared a stage in 6th form. When he got his big break before anyone really knew him I received a call from a Mirror reporter. After telling the journalist that this actor was genuinely a great guy I received a response that explains that publication entirely... "That's the same story from everyone. Are you sure there nothing bad as I can't find a single story about him." Or fruitier words to similar effect.

zagatoes30

Only once been interviewed by the press and what they wrote is one of the reasons I ignore them completely

lifes2short

journalist tossers, always distorting the facts to make a story more interesting and without any regard to the distress/damage they cause with all the lies

jonny

journalist tossers, always distorting the facts to make a story more interesting and without any regard to the distress/damage they cause with all the lies
+1
My experience with (financial) journalists, reporting matters that I understood in detail, proved to me that they are utterly useless at getting the important things accurate, and invent angles to enhance their stories and careers. And as for the BBC....

Wack61

Your memory. I haven't filled out my mileage since the end of last March! :(
FFS how am I going to remember where I've been for business in the last 12 month, I can barely remember what I had for my dinner last night!
Have you got gps active on your phone , go to Google maps , click on timeline and there's a map and details of where your phone has been on a daily basis , you have to opt in , if you haven't it's worth switching it on if you want to know where you were at a particular time

CatmanV2

Have you got gps active on your phone , go to Google maps , click on timeline and there's a map and details of where your phone has been on a daily basis , you have to opt in , if you haven't it's worth switching it on if you want to know where you were at a particular time

You, and everyone else.....

C

zagatoes30

Knife crime, there is only one cause of this and that's individuals carrying knives and just like guns there is no such thing as a good man with a knife (or gun).

CatmanV2

Knife crime, there is only one cause of this and that's individuals carrying knives and just like guns there is no such thing as a good man with a knife (or gun).

Really? Sorry, can't resist :)

C

Attachments

• FatshanPuma-9312.jpg
    FatshanPuma-9312.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 8
Status
Not open for further replies.