Rant Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeoffCapes

Knife Crime
Blaming all and sundry except the perpetrators and the perpetrators parents

I believe all of this started 10-15-20 years ago when it started to be frowned upon on sports days to actually win! where you got a sticker for coming last. Just so you didn't hurt their feelings.
And then you couldn't get a clip round the ear from a copper for being a ****.
Then teachers weren't allowed to shout at kids in case it hurt their feelings.
What we should be doing for our children is preparing them for life in the real world as an adult.
Show them right from wrong, and that their actions have a reaction. Good or bad.

People who carry a knife (generally teenagers and in their 20's) go around thinking they can do what they want as they always have due to the above.
When they do get caught they go to a Young Offenders Institution, where quite frankly it is more like a hotel than a prison (yes, I have been in both), they come out giving it the 'Big I AM', and think they're Johnny Big Bo11ocks!

3 years in YOI is a picnic compared to 3 weeks in Wandsworth. Put them in there and they'll never even use a knife to cut their dinner again!

The youth of today (I now sound like my dad) need some discipline. How you go about that now I don't know.

Vampyrebat

I believe all of this started 10-15-20 years ago when it started to be frowned upon on sports days to actually win! where you got a sticker for coming last. Just so you didn't hurt their feelings.
And then you couldn't get a clip round the ear from a copper for being a ****.
Then teachers weren't allowed to shout at kids in case it hurt their feelings.
What we should be doing for our children is preparing them for life in the real world as an adult.
Show them right from wrong, and that their actions have a reaction. Good or bad.

People who carry a knife (generally teenagers and in their 20's) go around thinking they can do what they want as they always have due to the above.
When they do get caught they go to a Young Offenders Institution, where quite frankly it is more like a hotel than a prison (yes, I have been in both), they come out giving it the 'Big I AM', and think they're Johnny Big Bo11ocks!

3 years in YOI is a picnic compared to 3 weeks in Wandsworth. Put them in there and they'll never even use a knife to cut their dinner again!

The youth of today (I now sound like my dad) need some discipline. How you go about that now I don't know.
Or never bend over to pick up the soap again!!!

zagatoes30

How can this be the case.

Yesterday booked ferries to take the Skoda back to UK and to bring the Fulvia to Ireland, booked here €89.90 each direction - no problem. Need to book an additional return for mate to bring the SZ but as soon as you select Britain to Ireland you get switched to a sterling price and the same return ferry is now £117.90, no matter how I set it can't book a Britain to Ireland ferry in euros

Somebody is taking the p155

Will need to get onto call centre this morning to have a discussion.

When on line banking goes awry (Santander!)
An hour on the 'phone waiting.
Account would not recognise my mothers middle name which is Gertrude - not one you can easily get wrong!
Inability of said bank to reset memorable information unless done by post.
The answer to technology problems seems to be add more technology which gets very confusing for us Oldies
Unhappy
It is not hard to separate a ray of sunshine from a Scotsman with a grievance

midlifecrisis

People who agree to buy something at a fixed price including delivery, then back out because you've been chasing them for 5 days with a 'tone'.

You know who you are...

zagatoes30

How can this be the case.

Somebody is taking the p155

Will need to get onto call centre this morning to have a discussion.

Well that was fun, stroppiest call centre ever - all ferries from Britain are in Sterling and I don't set the prices so I can't help.

Now waiting for the manager to call me back

lifes2short

Muppet BMW main dealer service departments/grease monkeys, my diesel X5 recently had an issue with revs sticking at around 2000 for several seconds before actually turbo spooling up, that's what it felt like anyway, took it to 2 separate main dealers for diag/investigation, first one wanted to relieve me of £2600 to fit a new DPF, second one said they had to decoke/decarbonise inlet manifold with Walnut shells and further checks would be required on turbo and thus wanting to relieve me of £1800, just got the impression they were simply guessing and in fact none of the above would have resolved the problem, long story short, bit of research on forums and youtube and hey presto I sorted the problem with an £80 part that connected to the EGR, I had to remove inlet manifold to get to it but that was just a couple of hours work at the most. Robbing, clueless main dealer b4stards, wonder how many people do they screw over like this

MarkMas

Chief pedant
Pulled into a small car-park on Friday. In a bit of a hurry, TBH. A bit late for something. No spaces, but then a couple came back to their car. Yay! I waited patiently, indicator on, for them to leave. They saw me, but no acknowledgement. They had a bit of a chat over the roof of their car. Then took of their raincoats and discussed whether to put them in the boot or the back seat. Decided on one of each. Then both took off their jumpers and put them on the back seat. Then moved the one raincoat from the back seat to the boot. Then discussed where they should go next when they had got in. Then got into the car. Took a while to figure out how to start it. Finally moved. Half-way out of the space, the driver stops and gets out. Comes over to me. Now what? I have to lower my window. See here. He offers me his car-park ticket, marked STRICTLY NON-TRANSFERABLE. And he says, "This is good until 2; any use to you?" "Well", I reply, it is five to 2 now, so not really." "Oh." he replies. Goes back to his car. I shoot him in the back with my Desert Eagle and park somewhere else.

Scaf

Pulled into a small car-park on Friday. In a bit of a hurry, TBH. A bit late for something. No spaces, but then a couple came back to their car. Yay! I waited patiently, indicator on, for them to leave. They saw me, but no acknowledgement. They had a bit of a chat over the roof of their car. Then took of their raincoats and discussed whether to put them in the boot or the back seat. Decided on one of each. Then both took off their jumpers and put them on the back seat. Then moved the one raincoat from the back seat to the boot. Then discussed where they should go next when they had got in. Then got into the car. Took a while to figure out how to start it. Finally moved. Half-way out of the space, the driver stops and gets out. Comes over to me. Now what? I have to lower my window. See here. He offers me his car-park ticket, marked STRICTLY NON-TRANSFERABLE. And he says, "This is good until 2; any use to you?" "Well", I reply, it is five to 2 now, so not really." "Oh." he replies. Goes back to his car. I shoot him in the back with my Desert Eagle and park somewhere else.
Add to this people who mess about at petrol pumps waiting valuable minutes of my day, especially if they have not even used the **** pump !

allandwf

Add to this people who mess about at petrol pumps waiting valuable minutes of my day, especially if they have not even used the **** pump !
Had one who filled with petrol then did a grocery shop while leaving the car at the pump! Selfish, thick, or a combination? Lol.

Scaf

People still surprised by airport security.

Since 9/11 airport security was stepped up.
No drink bottles - liquid in plastic bag - belts off - boots off - coats and jackets off - laptop out etc etc
we all know the drill........

So why is it so many people seem to have no idea what’s going on, despite the signs, observing what others are doing .........they stand there in the way u drawing and unpacking ....... they drive me completely crazy, slowing down an already slow process.

It’s not complicated.......... it just a little bit of forward thinking !!!

Yes I am at the airport having been held up by a number of imbeciles !!

midlifecrisis

People still surprised by airport security.

Since 9/11 airport security was stepped up.
No drink bottles - liquid in plastic bag - belts off - boots off - coats and jackets off - laptop out etc etc
we all know the drill........

So why is it so many people seem to have no idea what’s going on, despite the signs, observing what others are doing .........they stand there in the way u drawing and unpacking ....... they drive me completely crazy, slowing down an already slow process.

It’s not complicated.......... it just a little bit of forward thinking !!!

Yes I am at the airport having been held up by a number of imbeciles !!
Effing A! I'm presently sat airside at Edinburgh waiting to go home and I'm sure people's brains enter neutral as they go through security.
Is it because they think that a single millilitre extra of liquid is going to result in life imprisonment? Airport's do try to make it more understandable but still you'll get people not understanding. Edinburgh have replaced a person with a sign telling you which queue to go in but this largely goes ignored. I have fed this back to the customer-centric security staff (which they genuinely are) and it was warmly taken.

So lack of an original rant but adding to Sam's

MarkMas

Chief pedant
My father, who is 90, simply refuses to accept the liquids concept. Flying to Ireland, his bag was run three times through the scanner, with each time, some new shampoo or whiskey flask being extracted. On the way back, I asked him if he had removed all liquids and he said 'Surely that doesn't matter?' The security guy said, "Yes, it does, actually", and they spent 5 minutes going through his bag together, removing various items. And this is not a man with any real mental impairment; just an airport blind spot.

MarkMas

Chief pedant
Mind you, I have a belt that only has to be removed if they can see it. If it is covered by a jumper, it goes through just fine.

And at Bristol, once. I said "Do I have to take off my shoes?" and they said "You do now, as you have drawn attention to them, we have to x-ray them." Sheesh.

And this:

GeoffCapes

People who cut corners turning into a road.

This morning on the way to work someone did it. Nearly drove into the front of the car.

Than at Tesco's just now, someone did the same, but cut it so badly they couldn't actually get round my car, and had to reverse up and try again!

Imbeciles!

Status
Not open for further replies.