Rant Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeoffCapes

As I don't think there is a thread on here (although there may be, I just can't find it) to have a good old rant about various things, I thought I'd start one.

Here's todays rant.

FECKING pollen.

And for a change it's not regarding hay fever, but you can include that as it's a total git!
The reason for this rant is that I have to get the GT out of the garage to put the bins out (that's another rant for another day) so I get the nice clean and shiny GT out of the garage, leave it outside for 2 hours maybe whilst the bin men come and empty the bins and then put the GT back in the garage.

In that relatively small amount of time, my formerly nice clean and shiny GT gets covered in pollen, probably from the Rape Seed which seems to be in every field round here, which seems to stick to every inch of of the car! leaving it looking like it's been sitting in a dust bowl for three weeks!

P155es me right off!

And breathe.......

mattjevans

+1. I have had a delay in garaging my GTS (last bulky item being picked up tonight), it hasn't rained but its covered in the fecking yellow dust

zagatoes30

Rant thread, I was expecting something serious and all your complaining about is a bit of dust on your car - get a life man :)

GeoffCapes

Rant thread, I was expecting something serious and all your complaining about is a bit of dust on your car - get a life man :)

Big problems don't bother me. It's stuff like that, that get on my t!ts!
Should see the state of the Merc that lives outside.

It must be bad if you have to screen wash your windscreen every time you get in it just to see out of it!

MrMickS

Its not so much the pollen here but the blossom that falls like snow onto the damp car then the sun gets on it and bakes it to the paint.

Though that's not my rant. My rant is that we live two doors from a pub with a very nice, and large, car park to the rear of it. This is sign posted from both directions. So why do people insist on parking on the street next to my house making me have to park the Ghibli away from the house and move it back after closing time? Its not as though we are far enough from the pub that a copper, watching for people drinking and driving, wouldn't see them walking to their car and driving off.

allandwf

As I don't think there is a thread on here (although there may be, I just can't find it) to have a good old rant about various things, I thought I'd start one.

Here's todays rant.

FECKING pollen.

And for a change it's not regarding hay fever, but you can include that as it's a total git!
The reason for this rant is that I have to get the GT out of the garage to put the bins out (that's another rant for another day) so I get the nice clean and shiny GT out of the garage, leave it outside for 2 hours maybe whilst the bin men come and empty the bins and then put the GT back in the garage.

In that relatively small amount of time, my formerly nice clean and shiny GT gets covered in pollen, probably from the Rape Seed which seems to be in every field round here, which seems to stick to every inch of of the car! leaving it looking like it's been sitting in a dust bowl for three weeks!

P155es me right off!

And breathe.......
I find it leaves the car at around the 140mph mark! ;)

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
Paul, I've sent you a PM. Please get back to me before Tomorrow if you want things sorted before Easter. Thanks.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Still hovering around freezing here. You should Count yourselves lucky you have pollen and Blossom....

It was disappointingly cold in Stockholm last week. Sunny in the day and bloody chilly as soon as it got dark. Which part of the country is home for you, Paul?

(that wasn't a rant, by the way, just light meteorological chat with Paul).

Swedish Paul

I live in Jämtland, about 500km north-west of Stockholm, and I want to get the Maser out, but it's still a week or two early.

I need a beer!!

m1980k

It's great that there is a safe place on the internet where we can complain about these things. Most people would look at the street I live in and comment on the beautiful blossoms on the trees. Meanwhile I'm livid because I just washed the car and now it's covered with the bloody things.

zagatoes30

OK my rant, fecking Aer Lingus well to be precise Aer Club , despite flying with them almost every week for the last 4 years they still don't see me as a regular customer. I had over 15000 points on the old Goldcard and was on their platinum tier, I have earned another 4500 this year but still no new Aerclub card despite numerous calls, mails etc. etc.

outrun

I think the term "first world problem" may just have been redefined.

I loaned my Mini to a friend yesterday and was forced to drive the Stradale. It's not easy as easy to park.

highlander

OK my rant, fecking Aer Lingus well to be precise Aer Club , despite flying with them almost every week for the last 4 years they still don't see me as a regular customer. I had over 15000 points on the old Goldcard and was on their platinum tier, I have earned another 4500 this year but still no new Aerclub card despite numerous calls, mails etc. etc.
First dust, now air miles.........you really have the market sown up on first world problems Mark ;)

GeoffCapes

Get out there and wash it again you lazy fecker Geoff!!!

It's sparkling. I just don't want to have to wash it just because it sat outside the garage for two hours, that ridiculous.
If I'd driven it for two hours. Fine. But just sitting on my driveway is a p155 take!

Status
Not open for further replies.