Rant Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

midlifecrisis

People who stop rather than creep forward to pass another car on a two way narrow Road. They think cars get wider as the go faster. The road by the way is wide enough for two cars to pass comfortably with 4 inches between mirrors. More if one folds his. But they stop and wait ages for a gap in never ending traffic!

MrPea

That's the closest I've been to under the wheels of a bus. The driver's reason for not noticing new was because he didn't hit me and apparently the highway code states that i should have moved off the road to allow the vehicle with priority to overtake me. He had priority because "a bus is a larger vehicle".

I am grateful I'm physically fine, so is my bike after the driver then tried to run it over.

MrMickS

Hope you got a picture of the number plate and are going to complain. Idiots like that shouldn't be driving

D Walker

That's the closest I've been to under the wheels of a bus. The driver's reason for not noticing new was because he didn't hit me and apparently the highway code states that i should have moved off the road to allow the vehicle with priority to overtake me. He had priority because "a bus is a larger vehicle".

I am grateful I'm physically fine, so is my bike after the driver then tried to run it over.

So, if I am reading this right, the bus was behind you and could not see you in front of him, but you have to give way and let him past, because obviously you have eyes in the back of your head, a car does not have too, and that's smaller!!!

MrPea

So, if I am reading this right, the bus was behind you and could not see you in front of him, but you have to give way and let him past, because obviously you have eyes in the back of your head, a car does not have too, and that's smaller!!!
Yep, got it in one.

MrPea

Avis on Lisbon airport are sh1t3.

I couldn't get my booking via Avios onto my preferred account so I called Avis to sort it. They told me they couldn't and it would have to be done at the preferred counter. I clarified on the phone what this meant and fully followed instructions.

After waiting 40 mins to be seen at the preferred counter, they can only screes bookings already attached to the account. I've now been sent back to the regular office which has an electronic queue 30 long and running at an average of one customer every 5 minutes and that's with 4 desks open.

I have also seen other customers returning loads of rubbish left in their cars from the previous customer so they're not bothering to wash cars.

Contigo

Sponsor
That's **** mate, kick off if I were you, as a preferred customer that is no way to be treated. Ask someone to hold your place whilst you go to the toilet ergo back to preferred and rant the **** at them.

philw696

Love it ha ha.
They always pack too much leave it packed will save her loads of time when you check out :)

RSM Masser

People that stop at the bottom of an escalator for a chat, or stand in doorways after exiting a building, the office I work in has automatic revolving doors, the number of people who glare at you as it is your fault when you get propelled into them by a 2 ton door - because they are too stupid or lazy to get a brolley ready even though they have spent 20 minutes gassing in the foyer about the shite weather. I don't give a f4ck anymore and just barge into said half wits.

safrane

Estate Agents!!!

Thank god I come to the end of my contract. 12 weeks of incompetence and lazy half a r s e d attempts to sell the property.

Despite going with thier mid figure so as not to keep the place hanging around too long I have had just two actual viewings; would have been three but they cocked that one up as well.

No communication from the girl doing the viewing, not even a call to say its finished so I could could come home! No one answers the phone in the office and voice mails not answered.

My last viewing was on the penultimate day of the contract (very suspicious ) but thought they would have called to say how it went... not likely.

So board removed and new agent booked for Friday when I get back from London.

Grrrrrr.

alfatwo

People "mostly women"who park there trollies in Sainsbury's right in front of the aisle you looking to pic stuff up from..

It drives me nuts, I just drag em out the way!

Dave

montravia

My sympathies, Peter, we're thankfully coming to the end stages of this. It's been a more than difficult market, few properties coming on the market, and few wishing to risk buying in the current uncertain climate. I've seen the number for sale drop to a third of it was 18 months ago, and at least one estate agent shut their shops across the region. Shop around, they are desperate. The most frustrating element seems to be the archain process with conveyancing, turnaround snail like, not limited to one particular legal house, the the legal element dragging behind those that have already cleared up the issue by man weeks.Thankfully it's all coming to an end after three sales and two broken long chains.

MrMickS

The Maserati SatNav system that decides that the best way to get past Paris on a Friday tea-time is to use the inner city ring road. Journey north took an hour longer than it should because of that insanity.

As an aside does anyone know why the system doesn't pick up traffic information in France? Works fine in Switzerland and Italy.

Navcorr

The Maserati SatNav system that decides that the best way to get past Paris on a Friday tea-time is to use the inner city ring road. Journey north took an hour longer than it should because of that insanity.

The Périphérique is a nightmare at anytime. If you've negotiated it unscathed on a Friday afternoon think yourself lucky.

When I lived in Paris, I would always go east on the A4 to Marne La Vallée and then pick up the A104 that then picks up the A1 by Charles de Gaulle.

La périphérique, c'est tellement mar, toujours!

Status
Not open for further replies.