Not bad for a nine year old

montravia

Well, it seems a long time.

Certainly strange not seeing her there on the rear drive.

She's been nearly three weeks away being attended to.

But I got her back Friday afternoon, just in time for glorious sunshine.

Oh the joy, the howl, the turbine like thrust.

Followed by a waft across to Monmouth and back over the weekend.

20170403_154141 edit.jpg

20170407_170508 edit.jpg

She doesn’t look bad for a nine year old, albeit with only 30k on the clock, does she? I’ve had many comments to the gist of, ‘Is she really a 57 plate?’

I’d had a set of faults codes ping up, with the dreaded ‘Take to Dealer’.

After a few discussions here and with a dealer, it was time to bite the bullet. I acquired La Ragazza in August last year. I knew that for all her life, except one service, she’d been looked after by H R Owen in Kensington, but was unsure as to the completeness of the pre-sale service. As I intend to keep her for some time, it was time to decide on a ‘restorative’ service; to address some minor snag list items, and ensure that she was up to spec. This was the moment to bring her up to spec, address the list of relatively minor snags, bring her up to full service spec, and get a thorough shake down so I know I’ve got her in a known state.
Consider it as a minor refurbishment, and preparation for a potential tour to France Sud.

Well, the boys kept her for nearly three weeks. It was very very strange her not being there at the back of the house.

I’m impressed: the agent who conducted the pre-sales service was contacted and the extent (not much) or otherwise of that service was determined; all of the snag list items have been rectified, quite a few items renewed, a full four year service (slightly in advance of schedule), and at no point did I feel that any unnecessary work was being touted. I was equally impressed with efforts made to investigate, and repair faults in an attempt to avoid replacement, and where those attempts resulted in a mutual conclusion that even so a subsequent failure may occur and a replacement more prudent, no charge was made for those preliminary investigations and attempted repair. In addition, where a repair couldn’t be warranteed ( the boot well seal), again no charge was made.

Was it expensive? Of course it was, but I don’t feel overcharged. I’ve valued the service and repair cost discussions here, and feel that what has been done and what was charged is sound; moreover, I’m pleased that I have confidence that these boys can look after La Ragazza with care again.

20170407_170707edit.jpg

20170408_113654edit.jpg

20170408_113711edit.jpg

So where did I take her?

It had began when there was a rush of error codes, ABS failure
MSP failure
Suspension failure
SMOBF failure (SoManyOtherBloodyFailures I've given up)
What looks like a suspension damper at 45 degrees in the display, looking angry
“Take to dealer “
It progressed to discovering water in the boot well with no apparent ingress from above. Lot of water sloshing around relays and battery. CTEK’d the battery and she was already good so not the usual LowBat gremlins. Immediate assumption water and fuse/relays had upset the Skyhook.
Chat with the dealer: “Well if it ain’t ingressing from above, Sir, then it’s coming from underneath, we’ve had a few where the weld of the well has perished. “

So:-
Full four year Service, including all the dreaded Lambda, filters, belts, fluids
RH Front Wheel bearing including sensors (the LH Front – which is subject to more harsh conditions - looked to have been replaced a little while ago)
Boot well (leak) sealed from within and below (Maserati bulletin)
Centre Arm Rest Catch Replaced (Maserati bulletin)
Replace Highline Stop Lamp unit (completely bu$$ered)
LH and RH Central Strengthening Plates (torsion bars) replaced
Nearside Headlamp Washer telescopic arm replaced (blocked, disengaged from Washer bottle and leaking washer fluid)
Engine Compartment Relay replaced
Wipers
Interior Leather clean, valet and external valet

Brakes: More than 10,00 miles left, discs fine

So now I know she’s on spec.

I did consider Indies, HR Owen Cheltenham, the classic and prestige good chap local here in the Cotswolds.

However, I was impressed by the cost free inspections done after initial purchase, so she is being looked after by Dick Lovett, Swindon. I must say that they are a million miles away in attention and service than their BMW (hargghg, spit) branch in Swindon.

I’m as surprised as some may be here.

See you around , chaps and gals.

Robin

safrane

Please to read the car is back to full working order and you are happy with the results.

Car looks lovely in the sun.

Bet you are looking forward to the trip to Southern France...done that a few times in the Mazer...always a great trip.

CatmanV2

Well done :)

Interested in this bit:

Centre Arm Rest Catch Replaced (Maserati bulletin)

My catch is well stuffed. What was the bulletin?

C

StuartW

You sound very pleased to have her back and she sounds as good as new, ready for the Spring & Summer - enjoy lots of trouble free miles with lots of smiles!

JonW

Looks fabulous... very nicely polished. Is that finish just the valet from Dick Lovett, or have you had her properly detailed?

GeoffCapes

I know I'm biased but I think GT's look great in blue.
What blue is it though, looks a darker shade than mine.

montravia

Thanks all, I'm really quite pleased and more than content.

Only update the nav database now (standby) and then completely content.

Andyk

Good to read....thanks for sharing. Weird to think the GT is 10 years old this year. They certainly do not look it.

montravia

It is. I've noticed that it very susceptible, quite a hue and sparkle change from one area to another

Beautiful car Robin and thanks for sharing.
I'm in a not dissimilar position.
Bought my '08 GT a fortnight ago, privately
and have it booked in with THE indy hereabouts
next week. Beechill Garage in Belfast.
Going to the local main dealer isn't an option.
When you mention their name, everyone laughs
with a very knowing look.