Procedure for Sat Nav Disc Update

StuartW

Attached is a document that I received from Maserati after I had experienced problems with updating my Sat Nav discs on my Granturismo. You would think that these instructions would accompany the set of discs, but it does not.

The procedure is very specific and needs to be followed step by step for each of the discs (one per European territory), I loaded all 11 and it took a part of a day to do so I kept my car on a trickle charger rather than leaving the engine running all of the time.
By way of further explanation, you will see in section 9, there are steps concerning KEY-Off and NET-Off. The procedure to follow is -

KEY -Off – This is when the key is first removed from the ignition barrel
NET-Off – This is when the car shuts down after the removal of the key, interior lights switch off, dash shuts down etc.

Once you have performed your update and reached this stage, remove the key, exit your car and close the door. This should constitute both a KEY-Off and NET-Off. Leave it for the instructed 15 minutes before you start to load the next disc, this procedure is required after each individual disc.

View attachment 201217 - Intercontinental maps upload and Europe-USA map update procedure.pdf

montravia

Thank you Stuart. I would never have deduced this, and certainly explains all of the peculiar restarts and reloads.

Thanks again.

iainw

Attached is a document that I received from Maserati after I had experienced problems with updating my Sat Nav discs on my Granturismo. You would think that these instructions would accompany the set of discs, but it does not.

The procedure is very specific and needs to be followed step by step for each of the discs (one per European territory), I loaded all 11 and it took a part of a day to do so I kept my car on a trickle charger rather than leaving the engine running all of the time.
By way of further explanation, you will see in section 9, there are steps concerning KEY-Off and NET-Off. The procedure to follow is -

KEY -Off – This is when the key is first removed from the ignition barrel
NET-Off – This is when the car shuts down after the removal of the key, interior lights switch off, dash shuts down etc.

Once you have performed your update and reached this stage, remove the key, exit your car and close the door. This should constitute both a KEY-Off and NET-Off. Leave it for the instructed 15 minutes before you start to load the next disc, this procedure is required after each individual disc.

View attachment 42658

Thank god they have a map of the Middle East... We would be lost without it :)

DrNic

Hi!
How did you get the update discs? Where they expensive?

Nic

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

DrNic

From any MD & the full set of discs are c.£350
Thanks Stuart,
Bearing in mind the clunkiness of the Masers satnav is it worth the upgrade or does it update the user system too? (I.e. full postcode search etc?)

:)

Nic

GeoffCapes

Thanks Stuart,
Bearing in mind the clunkiness of the Masers satnav is it worth the upgrade or does it update the user system too? (I.e. full postcode search etc?)

:)

Nic

Postcode search? What is this black magic you speak of???????

StuartW

Can you not just key in the first 5 digits of the postcode in the place of the town name anyway?

As far as I know though, the discs only update the maps