MC Stradale Main Dealer Maintenance Plan - FYI

StuartW

When I bought my Stradale, it was serviced by Marshall Peterborough before collection - this was it's second service. This did not constitute a 4 year, major service however as it had it's first service at 12,000 miles after 15 months and this second one was done early at 21,000 miles, 23 months later. In the absence of a service invoice, they instead provided me the attached which shows what main dealers do at service time. I = Inspect, A = Adjust, R = Replace

View attachment 20170125173351997.pdf

Keano

Looks like a lot of inspection and a large invoice coming for the next one - clench and breathe

azapa

... seems you/they have forgotten the F1 fluid replacement that in the 599 (similar stress and box) is mandatory..599 maintenance schedule[1]-1.jpg

This is what my MD told me at least, and they're not too cheeky.

note: i didn't do mine on last service as that alone was about 400 quid. The oil is expensive, and the sd3 is needed to cycle it through. but, I will get it done this year.

Edit: sorry, is your car 3 years old?

azapa

Then, you should ask them to clarify if the F1 gear oil should be changed. With my MD, I did not ask, they flat out recommended it, and when I asked why, they showed me the above. Thinking about it though, the F1 system is very complex, and those 60ms shifts must stress it all more, it does sound like quite a good idea. Especially as that oil has been in there since new. Not sure if its hygroscopic (water absorbing).

StuartW

I asked and they changed it at the same as time as they put in a new clutch which was done at Maserati GB in Slough, with the service being done at my local MD.
Thanks for looking out for me

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
My MD quoted me £2.6k for a major service. After I'd stopped laughing, dried my eyes and put on some clean trousers I booked it into Christian Lewis Performance Cars in Northampton, which comes very highly recommended by Voicey and is a good bit closer to where I live than other respected indies.

CLRut

Chaps - how much should I expect for the first 12.5k service for the Stradale which is soon looming? Thanks in advance. Craig