Bbq

Wack61

season steak both sides with salt & pepper ,Ridged frying pan , olive oil, heat it until its smoking, turn it down , lob steak in , rub eyes as the smoke hits them , cook to taste, remove pan from heat, wrap steak in tin foil , place back in the warm pan and leave to rest for a few minutes

Alternatively, throw on barbeque, remove, take to cobbler

Andyk

Recognise that table and BBQ....Hope you are having fun John as very jealous now. You still renting her out until she sells buddy.

CatmanV2

Jealous too, but the grill's not hot enough. Wack, pretty close but you getter crust using a flat pan ;)

C

Navcorr

Then there is personal preference to consider - how do you like yours? Somewhere between bleu and saignant for me.

Whereas, the grillardin at a well known spot in Paris advises, for the perfect steak, the use of a flaming 6' grill and two chefs. Once prepped one chef throws the steak to the other, across the grill at a height of approx. 6", the 2nd chef turns it over and returns the pass. ;)

Served with salted frites and a shallot sauce.

conaero

Forum Owner
Happy days for us in August 2015:

IMG_2576.jpg

IMG_2574.jpg

IMG_2577.jpg

IMG_2585.jpg

This is where we used to go to get 4G and share it round the car, I think we even got 2 bars once!

IMG_2578.jpg

CatmanV2

Then there is personal preference to consider - how do you like yours? Somewhere between bleu and saignant for me.

Whereas, the grillardin at a well known spot in Paris advises, for the perfect steak, the use of a flaming 6' grill and two chefs. Once prepped one chef throws the steak to the other, across the grill at a height of approx. 6", the 2nd chef turns it over and returns the pass. ;)

Served with salted frites and a shallot sauce.

:lol2:

As with many of the things I find with The Food Lab, cooking it 'his' way results in meat that is actually more pleasurable more well done. The classic being the reverse sear rib. Where I would normally prefer it *RARE* done reverse it's stunning tending to medium.

C

Navcorr

Hhmmmnn - that sounds good. Have been using sous-vide pre-cook for friends who prefer well done. Sear as normal thereafter and the results (he says without a hint of arrogance :) ) are pretty good. Not something you can knock together at the last minute though.

CatmanV2

Hhmmmnn - that sounds good. Have been using sous-vide pre-cook for friends who prefer well done. Sear as normal thereafter and the results (he says without a hint of arrogance :) ) are pretty good. Not something you can knock together at the last minute though.

I've been tempted by sous vide but there are a bit big for the occasional use I'd give it....

C