Front passenger seat GranTurismo

Ashventini

Hi. Just had my 1st service down at Graypaul. I asked them to re-set the memory on the passenger seat. It did not automatically traverse forward when pulling the top latch to access the rear of the car. The driver works fine and traverses forward when the latch is pulled, but passenger doesn't. Graypaul said it was full of debris. They removed some stuff - coins etc. They did say to be 100% sure they would need to remove the seat and clean out the track. This was possibly the reason for memory lose. Ive had a look as best I can and cannot see anything in the track and it looks quite clean. It traverses forward and back with relative ease and feels smooth, nothing obviously grinding or anything. I am actually now questioning whether the seat does automatically have a memory setting on the passenger seat? There certainly isn't a button cluster to set memory like the drivers side. Worse still Graypaul want £600 to take the seat out (4 bolts and a wire unclip) clean the tracks and re-fit it. Of course I am not going to entertain that.

I wonder now if the seat even has the auto - traverse forward function on the passenger side.? I know there has been previous threads about doing the re-set etc, but I haven't found a simple yes / not answer from other threads and even the re-set people give instruction are not clear. Thanks for the advise in advance.

Ash.

CatmanV2

Easy entry (for that is what you are talking about) is standard I believe, if you have electric seats. Pretty sure the GTs all had them, but the passenger does not have a memory as it were.

Have you tried the reset process, or do you need further clarification?

C

Ashventini

Easy entry (for that is what you are talking about) is standard I believe, if you have electric seats. Pretty sure the GTs all had them, but the passenger does not have a memory as it were.

Have you tried the reset process, or do you need further clarification?

C

Thanks catman. I'm away on hols hence delay. Yes it's the easy access. Better way to describe it. Please do post reset as other have but unless it's me I don't find them idiot proof.. lol. I.e which button to use on reset. Thanks.

CatmanV2

OK
Within 20 seconds or so....

Open the door
Seat forward
Seat back
Seat forward
Seat back
Tilt the seat back

Note: You only have to just blip the seat forwards and backwards. Literally the quickest bit of movement is fine. If it's done right, when you tilt the seat back forward the seat will move all the way forwards and back twice, then return to its last position.

Make sense?

C

granturismo

Also if procedure doesn't work try disconnecting battery for half an hour and redo procedure. Worked for me.

Ashventini

OK
Within 20 seconds or so....

Open the door
Seat forward
Seat back
Seat forward
Seat back
Tilt the seat back

Note: You only have to just blip the seat forwards and backwards. Literally the quickest bit of movement is fine. If it's done right, when you tilt the seat back forward the seat will move all the way forwards and back twice, then return to its last position.

Make sense?

C

Thx. Tilt.? Which button? Not the latch, but electric tilt next to forward/back button?

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Must the keys be in the ignition, ignition on etc? Also, I assume it's the passenger door which must be opened?

CatmanV2

Seat starts in its 'normal' position. No tilt.

Maybe we should just run classes at the next meet :)

C

montravia

Sorted. Sounded slow and strained when only nudging back and forth an inch. Obviously not used much and current override kicked in. Sprayed runners with WD40. Took a couple of re - initialization and full traverse twice and to original.

Comfort setting now working.

Thanks chaps