3200 Throttle body

MRichards

The refurb was replacement of motor magnets,fitting of Hall Effect sensor,fitting of new butterfly valve bearings and full sealing of unit for US$489
The TB was cleaned & polished like new. The TB was tested & full report sent with unit. Also got a free baseball cap !
Fedex freight was US$268 return. All up about A$1000
From memory Maserati shed quoted about A$20 less for the refurb.

tappets

Wow..........I could've saved you a truck load. Refurbing these isn't "Rocket science" just need to have the knowledge. Anyway at least you know it's right and reliable.......for a while. Fair to say that the magnet issue is ongoing with these units as I had mine converted to "Contactless" by Boomerang in Holland, lasted approx. 5 yrs. I recently rebuilt my unit and also replaced P/Pot.......the car is running the best it's ever run, just an awesome thing to drive! Let me know if I can assist with your car.
The refurb was replacement of motor magnets,fitting of Hall Effect sensor,fitting of new butterfly valve bearings and full sealing of unit for US$489
The TB was cleaned & polished like new. The TB was tested & full report sent with unit. Also got a free baseball cap !
Fedex freight was US$268 return. All up about A$1000
From memory Maserati shed quoted about A$20 less for the refurb.

MRichards

Hi Terry,
I had a look at the Bosch pedal pot & voltages looked OK. As these units are no longer available I'm waiting on David Shankey in Dubai to make another batch of contactless pedal pots. Do you know of any other PP's that work ?
I'm currently in limp mode and I think it's the Bosch 5.3 ABS/ASR module as it happened when a "NO ASR" light came up on the dash. The engine would not start,however,by persisting it eventually started,but it's in limp mode. Tried all the usual tricks but it's not playing. Any ideas ?

P.S. Saw photos of your cars on website,nice AC. I think you are very brave owning a Biturbo !

tappets

Well, I fitted one of Davy's P/Pots well worth the effort. My voltages were within range also but Bosch unit faulty.........these drive by wire systems on the 3200 are very sensitive to say the least! I think the Maserati Shed on here do them also. You may be able to source a used low mileage Bosch unit from say David Askew!

I'd be downloading the OBD codes stored in the ECU and go from there..........needle in a haystack scenario otherwise! These things go into limp mode for a plethora of reasons. Have you done a battery reset/pedal pot T/B calibration is a must when playing with accelerator components!

The Biturbo Spyder is an amazing little car to hammer around in and has been ultra reliable in comparison to the 3200 although I feel it's reliability issues are now behind it having sorted the drive by wire system. The Biturbo is not unlike any other high performance car in that timely preventative maintenance is paramount. It's the later 2.8lt V6 engine with auto. All work on my cars performed by myself.

Hi Terry,
I had a look at the Bosch pedal pot & voltages looked OK. As these units are no longer available I'm waiting on David Shankey in Dubai to make another batch of contactless pedal pots. Do you know of any other PP's that work ?
I'm currently in limp mode and I think it's the Bosch 5.3 ABS/ASR module as it happened when a "NO ASR" light came up on the dash. The engine would not start,however,by persisting it eventually started,but it's in limp mode. Tried all the usual tricks but it's not playing. Any ideas ?

P.S. Saw photos of your cars on website,nice AC. I think you are very brave owning a Biturbo !

tappets

T/B

Well, I fitted one of Davy's P/Pots well worth the effort. My voltages were within range also but Bosch unit faulty.........these drive by wire systems on the 3200 are very sensitive to say the least! I think the Maserati Shed on here do them also. You may be able to source a used low mileage Bosch unit from say David Askew!

I'd be downloading the OBD codes stored in the ECU and go from there..........needle in a haystack scenario otherwise! These things go into limp mode for a plethora of reasons. Have you done a battery reset/pedal pot T/B calibration is a must when playing with accelerator components!

The Biturbo Spyder is an amazing little car to hammer around in and has been ultra reliable in comparison to the 3200 although I feel it's reliability issues are now behind it having sorted the drive by wire system. The Biturbo is not unlike any other high performance car in that timely preventative maintenance is paramount. It's the later 2.8lt V6 engine with auto. All work on my cars performed by myself.

Hi Terry,