Put me off this...

toady

Hi,

I've been saving my pennies to get into a GT sport for a while and I'm pretty much there. Just need Nareman to sell my Bmw. Whilst I am scouring autotrader/pistonheads, I keep getting distracted by these:

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/bmw/m6/bmw-m6-gran-coupe-4-4/7008851#/home

The GT is, naturally, a better looking and sounding car. However, the drive and interior would probably be better in the grand coupe. I am, of course, leaning towards the GT as it defo has a exclusive feel/look. Ultimately, I need something with rear seats that I can enjoy too. I appreciate the views here will be biased, but does anyone have any experience with the GC and can put me off?

Ryandoc

I was BMW for years and still have one, was driving M3's for nearly 9 years before getting my GTS. Will always have a fondness for BMW's and it was a huge leap of faith leaving the brand.

However ..... 2 years on and the fan fare, sense of occasion and absolute thrill on the senses of the GranTurismo had got me. So much so that the looks noise and presence of it would win over the technical marvel and excellence of the BMW for me now. Great great cars no doubt about it but the Maserati is an occasion where as I see the BMW as a tool, an excellent one but still.

Everyone is different, maybe it's an age thing as I've got older I mean I find classic cars far more appealing now that I ever did.
I miss my idrive I miss some other things but every single time I catch my GTS it just gives me that warm fuzzy feeling

conaero

Forum Owner
The BMW just blends in to the crowd if you ask me. It might be a very capable car.

...well, what did you expect on a Maserati forum :)

GeoffCapes

If you want something to cruise the motorways go for it. If you want something to get your pulse racing, wait for the Maser.

dem maser

BMW is probably a better car but i know which one id buy...Maser every time for smiles and sense of occasion....unless like Mark says your doing a lot of motorway driving and want more comfort

Contigo

Sponsor
Had an M6 and it was Awesome but not Maserati special. Saying that the new M6 (TT) is even more capable than the V10 version so it will be a weapon of a car. They are almost too quick and capable though whereas with the Maser's they are fun at low speed too!

BuckRog64

Had an M6 and it was Awesome but not Maserati special. Saying that the new M6 (TT) is even more capable than the V10 version so it will be a weapon of a car. They are almost too quick and capable though whereas with the Maser's they are fun at low speed too!

What this man said. I also owned the previous version. Quicker, cheaper to run and the ladies liked the shape. But you wont love it like you would a sensuous Italian beauty who sings to you.

zagatoes30

The BMW is a superbly capable car but it just lacks character and soul. People who have M cars always talk about performance, handling, comfort where as people who own Italian cars talk about how special they make you feel as well.

Ewan

There's a lot of hard glossy plastic inside the BMW, and that's not a good thing. And leather feels tougher/cheaper as well. Little things I know, but they mean that the BMW doesn't provide that intangible special feeling that a well chosen Maser interior provides.

iainw

GTs vs BMW 6 series is like Margot Robbie vs Dawn French to me.

If you had a GTs would you be envious of the guy driving past in one of the line of boring BMW saloons on the motorway? As you dropped down two gears with the paddles and heard a symphony of Italian passion?

If you had a BMW and a GTs drove past what would you think?

One of life's no brainers if you asked me.

I asked myself the same question with Alfa QV vs A Ferrari.

bigbob

GTs vs BMW 6 series is like Margot Robbie vs Dawn French to me.

If you had a GTs would you be envious of the guy driving past in one of the line of boring BMW saloons on the motorway? As you dropped down two gears with the paddles and heard a symphony of Italian passion?

If you had a BMW and a GTs drove past what would you think?

One of life's no brainers if you asked me.

I asked myself the same question with Alfa QV vs A Ferrari.

Still don't understand why you sold it.

safrane

Mention you have a BMW most will think its a 3 Series... mention you drive a Maserati and people will turn and listen.

iainw

WHS!!!

I think he has an illness! :D

I did love it. But I want a convertible.
I won't be the only forum member who has sold a GTs and I won't be the last!
Some have sold and traded to Strads, Porsches and Alfas etc. Why am I being singled out for abuse :O :)

D Walker

I did love it. But I want a convertible.
I won't be the only forum member who has sold a GTs and I won't be the last!
Some have sold and traded to Strads, Porsches and Alfas etc. Why am I being singled out for abuse :O :)

Circle of Life !!!

ChrisQP09

My bow 630i cost me a fortune compared to the QP. IMO Beemers >80k miles start seeing large bills beyond servicing

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
We all think about selling them but there's not much that ticks as many boxes. It's like when I flick through Wifetrader, there aren't many that suit me as well as the one I have already.

D620985F-896D-4CD4-9C63-DCA64BACF31F-5529-000004E8BF3B8518.jpg