What is my Granturismo worth?

iainw

I am confused by the logic. You are selling the Maserati as you dont use it much - but buying a 911 Convertible brand new? Why would you use that more? Smaller back seats etc.
You will definitely lose more money on that than your current maserati. As bob says - 35K + interest burden (unless cash payment).
Your GTS is low mileage and will never dip below 35k in the foreseeable and sounds and looks amazing with bigger back seats.

Do you just want to change as you are bored and want a convertible? That was my reasoning. Was sad to see the GTS go though. Amazing car.
Enjoying looking for a replacement though :D

ChrisQP09

I personally wouldn't buy a 911 over the GTS, unless the 911 was a limited run like the 911R and even if that isn't that dissimilar from the gt3 variant.

Andyk

I personally wouldn't buy a 911 over the GTS, unless the 911 was a limited run like the 911R and even if that isn't that dissimilar from the gt3 variant.

And if you wanted a 911R you would need a lot more money than. GTS would be worth. Different league.

Wack61

I heard that Targa resale value are stronger than other 911's. Told that it will likely retain 70% plus of its value including reasonable options after 3 years and 24000 miles.

I am still debating between that and the convertible. Definitely the GTS either way. I was thinking Carmine Red with black alloys and black interior as per the pic below. Too in your face?

View attachment 43010

View attachment 43011

View attachment 43012

Nope that looks perfect, the Tache needs to go though

alfatwo

Lots less than a nice classic 3200GT then...:smile: The old cars are going up in price wares the new generation Maser's aint going to be worth anything in 5 years time!

Dave

Rags

I drove a Carrera 4S Coupe yesterday and felt a bit underwhelmed. Yes it ticked all the boxes but it was lacking a bit of wow factor and the engine sounded a bit puny. There was no sense of event. But i'm sure it would outrun a GTS all day long along.......but it reminded me of a chubby Austrian girl I went out with a long time ago.

Im going to try the R8 next and then if that doesn't work not sure what to do.

Yes I am confused. My original idea was just to sell the GTS and buy the new one once it comes out.

Ewan

How about a second hand Aston Martin V12 Vantage? That has a sense of occasion, sounds great, and will outrun a GTS. (And I have a friend looking to sell his low mileage black one at a very buyer-friendly price).

JonW

How about a second hand Aston Martin V12 Vantage? That has a sense of occasion, sounds great, and will outrun a GTS. (And I have a friend looking to sell his low mileage black one at a very buyer-friendly price).

I would love a V12 Vantage... was driving behind a lovely silver one a few weeks ago and have to admit it looked and sounded awesome

Andyk

Was just going to add but others beat me to it...V12 Vantage S all day long as if the 911 didn't feel special enough the Aston will......Stunning looks, bonkers engine in that oh so pretty body.

alfatwo

If you buy a blue Targa it will sell easily in 3 years time - to me!:)

Ewan, A couple of weeks ago I was offered an old original 1987 Fuf Porsche turbo, what do you recon

I remember those old "Yellow Bird" cars from years ago

Dave

Ewan

Dave - I imagine that's worth big money. Check out the latest edition of Classic and Sportscar magazine.

rossyl

I drove a V12, unfortunately the test drive was in London, however a clear stretch in a fully sighted part of Regents Park I was encouraged by the salesman to floor it....i could not stop laughing for about 5mins. I was like i had pressed the warp-speed button, only it came with amazing sound effects.

Rags

I drove the R8 Plus today. Wonderful car. Would be my preference to keep me occupied for a 2 or 3 years until the new Granturismo appears

Depreciation is a factor -

R8+ new with some extras is about £150k. I could probably get it for £142k new after a bit of haggling. In 3 years with say 12k miles I reckon ill be lucky to get £85k back. The other option would be to buy a 1 year old one for around £120-125k

Alternative would be to order a 991 4 GTS Cab. I have it specced up (click the link). Cost new with options £120k. Will get £90k+ back in 3 years. It does drive like a dream but lacks the aural sparkle of the Audi. Spec is below. Yes I like the GT Silver colour !

http://cc.porsche.com/icc_euro/ccCa.../modelstart/all/default.ashx&webcode=PJYH8DF4

Here is the radicle crazy third option. Put an order down on a new 488. I reckon I will get it in 9-10 months time (its 6 months for the Porsche). With options I think I am looking at £215k. It sounds like total madness but I am really considering it. What do people reckon it will be worth in 3 years time?

My heart says in order 1. 488 2. R8+ 3. 991 C4 GTS. It does matter to me but am I thinking about the depreciation too much?

All views appreciated

Contigo

Sponsor
Buy a 458 now , almost depreciation proof, 488 will drop too as forced induction and less desirable plus brand new.

Heavenly

I must admit I went out in a customers R8 V10 last week and it was immense, especially on downshift through the gears in Sport mode.
This has to be another option surely? I have this booked in this week and its a very nice car with an immense sound. Carbon Edition.

IMG_0859_zpsaoltrgre.jpg

IMG_0858_zpsx8wtzvyt.jpg