Lawnmowers

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
5 minutes later.........

alcohol-drunk-orig.jpg

It may affect you that way, but you're just a c*nt. Tw4T! :D

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
How is it wife friendly? Does it have a Rabbit attachment? The mind boggles.

Looking on YouTube there is a whole world of lawnmower videos I'd never dreamed of. This "review" is fantastic - nearly 4 minutes of someone cutting a lawn with a commentary as informative as Dawn Butler telling Eddie Mair about Labour's policies. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5LETMiDgBg and the (shorter version of) D B's interview http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-39659304/labour-mp-struggles-through-interview The whole interview is nearly 7 minutes long but there isn't much more in it.

Right, our Honda petrol mower is dying after 18 years of trouble free service and I've taken the SM forum advice and ordered the wife friendly one - now to tell her; she's been bugging me about a new mower so it should make her happy even before it has arrived.

I'm pretty sure if she had acted sooner, she could have got away with a razor. Still, some cultures think it's ok to have a bush like an aborigines armpit. :D

Dan!

I thought you said the gardener had a nice looking strap-on (which explains a lot about a Lotus driver). ;D

When your car inevitably breaks down or disintegrates again at Le Mans this year I will still offer you a ride....

zagatoes30

So much time talking about garden tools, can we get back to the OP and discuss lawnmowers please?

I think this is the sort of thing you need, should make the job a whole lot quicker so that you can get back to you Maser

5908323e417933e49ab3ca938d615637.jpg

Ebenezer

Perhaps being the sort of people we are, you have, like me, been seduced into the idea of a verdant sward stretching away from your castle, with the knap detailing stripes that Kim jung un would be proud of.... (A suitable backdrop for your Italian Stallion)

Hence much researching into lawn keeping, drainage, grass type, soil, aeration, etc etc and of course mowers. So having done the due diligence, (we've all been there) it has to be a cylinder mower. BUT you have to have a relatively good lawn to mow in the first place. You can't mow on the remnants of the Battle of the Somme, and you can't expect a good result if you're rather low on actual grass, rather than everything else that seems to grow much more easily!

Keeping a lawn is hard work, and eventually, after much investment in chemicals, you get a rotary....

:)
Eb

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
When your car inevitably breaks down or disintegrates again at Le Mans this year I will still offer you a ride....

What a generous offer. I suppose it would take Ben's mind off his wheels for 10 minutes or so.

Actually, I was as pi..... tired and emotional as a rat. I even got an abusive text from Contigo, which was quite amusing. :D

Please tell me he wasn't proposing to do something unspeakable in your hair..?

CatmanV2

Perhaps being the sort of people we are, you have, like me, been seduced into the idea of a verdant sward stretching away from your castle, with the knap detailing stripes that Kim jung un would be proud of.... (A suitable backdrop for you're Italian Stallion)

Hence much researching into lawn keeping, drainage, grass type, soil, aeration, etc etc and of course mowers. So having done the due diligence, (we've all been there) it has to be a cylinder mower. BUT you have to have a relatively good lawn to mow in the first place. You can't mow on the remnants of the Battle of the Somme, and you can't expect a good result if you're rather low on actual grass, rather than everything else that seems to grow much more easily!

Keeping a lawn is hard work, an eventually, after much investment in chemicals, you get a rotary....

:)
Eb

I hear you. The lawn in question is <1 year old, so a pretty good place to start.

C

midlifecrisis

I'm quite proud of my front garden, having been an overgrown mess of wild foliage and paving stones. The seed was planted in November and now in April it's a luxurious thatch...

Stop sniggering at the back!

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
I'm quite proud of my front garden, having been an overgrown mess of wild foliage and paving stones. The seed was planted in November and now in April it's a luxurious thatch...

Mine's a war-zone at the moment, mate.

RSM Masser

My front garden is asphalt
largely due to 2 x children (20 years old+) having a car each, 1 x permanent boyfriend resident, 1 x car and 1 x van (parked on the street), 1 x non permanent resident boyfriend, lastly 1 x wife with the biggest car.
Me 1 x car (Masser in garage) 1 x motorbike, also in garage.

Result
Its like 'Butterflies' some mornings when the car at the back has to get out first.

I have heard comments at the bus stop "looks like a car dealers that house"

If they saw the 3200 in the garage with the bonnet up they would think it was a breakers yard

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
My front garden is asphalt
largely due to 2 x children (20 years old+) having a car each, 1 x permanent boyfriend resident, 1 x car and 1 x van (parked on the street), 1 x non permanent resident boyfriend, lastly 1 x wife with the biggest car.
Me 1 x car (Masser in garage) 1 x motorbike, also in garage.

Result
Its like 'Butterflies' some mornings when the car at the back has to get out first.

I have heard comments at the bus stop "looks like a car dealers that house"

If they saw the 3200 in the garage with the bonnet up they would think it was a breakers yard

Harsh. (But fair). :D

RSM Masser

^^^ I normally leave some old furniture, a broken bed, some fridges and the odd wheel / tyre or broken bath tub on the drive
That way the local pikeys think I am destitute and wont break in

Navcorr

Would this be likely to work on my scalp?

urquattrogus

I wouldn't recommend buying a cylinder mower for that sort of money, it will be rubbish.

A rotary mower from Honda or Hayter would be the best bet.

If you want a stripe then you will need a rear roller one, which often costs more.

There is also the choice of push or self propelled.

We sell and service them and have store near Ongar, PM me if you want and I will get someone to give you a call and or a name and a number.

CatmanV2

I wouldn't recommend buying a cylinder mower for that sort of money, it will be rubbish.

A rotary mower from Honda or Hayter would be the best bet.

If you want a stripe then you will need a rear roller one, which often costs more.

There is also the choice of push or self propelled.

We sell and service them and have store near Ongar, PM me if you want and I will get someone to give you a call and or a name and a number.

Thanks! When you say 'That kind of money' you mean a £200 cylinder? Yes I expect that would be rubbish. Or do you mean a £50 re-furbed Colt?

Ongar would be very convenient, so PM en route :)

C