Is this a "GTS"??

Been thinking about getting a GTS for a while and now really thinking about it. Just love the Pre-2009 QP looks etc.

So is this a real GTS as I can't see a badge or anything and the one I want to see new as a demo back in 2007 had alcantara seats I am sure?

Also did they do them with the CC gearbox as opposed to the ZF slushie?

Also if you have any links to real and good ones, please let me have them.

Cheers,

Stu

Andyk

Yes, that's a Sport GTS....been for sale for a while say maybe a deal to be done. I think someone on hear spoke to them about when it first came up and they wouldn't budge much on price but it's been a while now so they may have changed their mind. Great car the Sport GTS....best of the QP models.
Standard was alcantara but you could have full leather.....Black window surround, colour coded door handles and black exhaust pipes tell you it's a GTS but again you could ask for all this to be silver.

I think this is the only SPort GTS for sale at the moment....There was one in Scotland on EBay which I think was cheaper and more miles.....

Ewan on here was thinking of selling his lovely blue one but not sure if he has changed his mind.

Contact Richard Grace cars as he may know of one and could find one for you.

Ewan

This is a proper GTS, yes. They were only available with the ZF box, though you still have paddles to change gear with if you so wish. The alcantara inserts were more usual but a few had leather instead. Personally I think the alcantara seat and door inserts, gearknob, steering wheel and roof lining are all part of what makes a GTS special.

The pre-face-drop version were only available for about a year (introduced in 2008 and then replaced in 2009) and only about 40 or so came to the UK, hence so few crop up.

It seems strange to me that this particular car has not sold yet. Looks cheap to me. I'd want this price for mine, and mine has double the mileage. About every 6 months I think of selling, but then I give it an extra polish and take it for a charge and berate myself for even daring to think of parting with it.

IMG_0070.jpg

rockits

Nice car & mileage but I would want a 4.7 when you start getting into that money.

I prefer the half leather half alcatara in a GTS rather than full leather as suits a GTS better IMHO.

m1980k

Nice car & mileage but I would want a 4.7 when you start getting into that money.

But the 4.7 isn't as good looking. And the GTS is a distinctive, rare model with uprated brakes and suspension. Sports cats and a remap would get you up to 4.7 power too...

StuartW

Agreed, I'm surprised that this is still available - an excellent car and great value for money.
I'm getting more & more drawn to a QPV

Ewan

The 4.7 GTS is at least £10k if not £15/£20k more than the 4.2 GTS, and is uglier (IMO). At £25k I'd take a 4.2 GTS over a standard 4.7 QP every time. No question. It looks better, handles better, stops better, is quicker round a track (not too relevant, but true) is more rare and will retain its value better.

Thanks guys and Ewan (glad you warned me off the other 4 seater!!).

So do I go for a leather interior one or wait for an Alcantara one??? Love the Alcantara in the Strad so would love to wait for one,,, but that's the conundrum.

Answers on a postcard (but not to Television House) as Mr Edmonds used to say.

Stu

StuartW

I'd go for that one, they are super rare and this one looks excellent in every other way.
I agree about the alcantara but maybe in the QP that's ok - a point of difference to the Stradale maybe?

Corranga

No help to the thread, but that's a beautiful car. Perfect spec for me, perhaps with the exception of black leather (and I mean the colour, not the fact it's leather), but I'd live with it. Stunning!

Swedish Paul

I was just looking at a QP GTS4.7 and comparing the looks to a QP 4.2 and apart from the lights, I don't see much difference. Is there that much visually? And are you saying a 4.2GTS is a better car than a 4.7GTS? Does the 4.7GTS not have the same handling updates etc.?

Confused!!

Ewan

I prefer the 4.2 GTS to the 4.7 GTS, but with regards to "better" I was actually comparing the 4.2 GTS to a standard 4.7 (not a 4.7 GTS). At a price point of circa £25k you can get either a 4.2 GTS or a 4.7 S, and my point is that of these two, the 4.2 GTS is the better drive.

The visual exterior differences (apart from the lights) come from the grill and the bumpers. The larger kit on the 4.7 GTS makes it look a tad too bulbous and heavy. Still a great car though and I imagine I'll have one at some point.

Andyk

I would go alcantara as it sort of suits the nature of the Sport GTS.....The 4.7 GTS is probably the best QP you can buy but isn't as pretty as Ewan has mentioned and you need 40k to get one....Two currently for sale...both great and both 40k plus. If it was me I would persuade Ewan he needs to part with his...Great looking car in the blue.

Ewan

The problem there Andy is that I'd then be tempted to use that cash to go towards that Med Blu Stradale at Baytree Cars!

Andyk

That is a lovely Stradale Ewan was just looking at the advert....Nice edition to your garage....

D Walker

Indeed, just looked at that.
If my numbers come up, oh hang on, do we even do the lottery.
Do it Ewan!
You know it makes sense!!
Or no sense!!