Toy to tide me over

hoyin

TBH, I was just having a quick browse at the latest cars on pistonheads and it popped up in that lovely colour.
I know 996's have been gaining marginally.
Dave

Are you ever going to buy a car or are you going to be forever browsing? Are you like this when you buy a washing machine as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D Walker

Are you ever going to buy a car or are you going to be forever browsing? Are you like this when you buy a washing machine as well?

Nope, I bought a washing machine in something like 2 minutes... I have tried behind the scenes, I don't want to buy "a" car, I want to buy "the" car for me. A couple I have tried have fallen through!
I should have titled the thread,
What toy would you go for?

hoyin

D Walker

Haha, if you turn up to Portsmouth in that I am going home!!!!
Not even room for a box of After 8's,
Would be hilarious fun tho, an old Army colleague has one.

BuckRog64

An ex girlfriend had an Elise, just like the one you have posted Dave, as her daily driver. Great fun but agree with Phil that S2 much improved with Toyota engine.

As suggested in thread I think 997s will bottom out price wise soon if market continues current trends. Will be recognised as last 911 with proper steering but you need the 997.2 to avoid bore score and IMS risks and that takes you into the heart of Maser GTS territory (and we all know which we would rather have!).

D Walker

Not onto anything - like I said earlier - I should have titled the thread "What toy would you have?"

I'll go back in my box!!

Dan!

On the subject of Elises, you either get them or you don't. I bought mine 11 years ago this month. I only bought it as a cheap sporty thing as a daily driver when I didn't have much cash after coming back from travelling/backpacking.

Safe to say it's got under my skin as during the time when I had a string of exotics I never considered moving it on. And it now currently going through a £30k rebuild complete with 300bhp Honda race engine.... yes, you read that right. £30k spend on a 115,000 mile £10k car.

It's a keeper, and after applying man maths it's the cheapest way to go as quick as possible. I've modified the look in a number of ways too and now it's totally personalised. To my taste.

To most it'll just be a little plastic car. But to me it's **** near perfect.

So be careful what you buy as a cheap play thing, you may just end up loving it.

Andyk

On the subject of Elises, you either get them or you don't. I bought mine 11 years ago this month. I only bought it as a cheap sporty thing as a daily driver when I didn't have much cash after coming back from travelling/backpacking.

Safe to say it's got under my skin as during the time when I had a string of exotics I never considered moving it on. And it now currently going through a £30k rebuild complete with 300bhp Honda race engine.... yes, you read that right. £30k spend on a 115,000 mile £10k car.

It's a keeper, and after applying man maths it's the cheapest way to go as quick as possible. I've modified the look in a number of ways too and now it's totally personalised. To my taste.

To most it'll just be a little plastic car. But to me it's **** near perfect.

So be careful what you buy as a cheap play thing, you may just end up loving it.

Spot on Dan....

Team GCR

Dan that reminds me I must get this on the road again this Summer not driven it for ages!

timandrew_LOT-4498.jpg

timandrew_LOT-4406.jpg

hoyin

Spot on Dan....

Yup. Recognise that as well. Been through that as well with my Noble.

There is nothing that comes close to it for double the money.

It is a keeper for me as well unless I really need to make room for something spectacular.