Toy to tide me over

rockits

Not quite. Had a 2005/55 Boxster 3.2 S Manual. Very capable car and very good but again a typical German car in it was a little 2D & teutonic. Allows a nice bit of slip at rear end and lovely balance, great sharp turn in. Engine sounds naff at idle and low revs but OK once it gets going.

Came out of boring Audi TT 3.2 Quattro S-Tronic into this as Audi sent me to sleep. Boxster was tons better but still a little dull/boring compared to a Maser. Couldn't really fault it & with 2 year service intervals & good reliability I'm sure it would make good ownership but I'd rather have a potentially unreliable and problematic TVR. Certainly as a 2nd/3rd car.

D Walker

Had a quick and I mean quick test in an Audi R8 Quattro today, mightily impressed, tried getting in and out of the Alfa 4c, great little car but would be no good for the wife!!

Ewan

Dave - if you can afford a 4C or an R8, why not buy a real Maserati? That's GT MCS money. Or a 4200 GS (coupe or spyder), or a QP GTS, or a Ghibli Cup, etc.

D Walker

Dave - if you can afford a 4C or an R8, why not buy a real Maserati? That's GT MCS money. Or a 4200 GS (coupe or spyder), or a QP GTS, or a Ghibli Cup, etc.

Having had my eyes opened regarding finance I have realised I can maybe( if I take that route) spread a bit further. The R8 thing was a bit of fun as had my son with me so why not, The 4c, took 2 minutes of sitting in to know was not for me. If a "good" GS in Blu appears I will take a look. I am in no hurry, I would rather wait for the right car...

D Walker

Yes but, there's wait, and 'wait' :)

C

I hear you, I've actually tried to buy 3 and thought I was travelling to seal the deal on 1 car all ready this year!
What will be will be...
If not I've had a very tempting offer on a syndicate place for a plane but I'd have to do some upgrading to my micro light licence.

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate

I'm so glad I don't own a 'real' Maserati. :excellent:

CatmanV2

I hear you, I've actually tried to buy 3 and thought I was travelling to seal the deal on 1 car all ready this year!
What will be will be...
If not I've had a very tempting offer on a syndicate place for a plane but I'd have to do some upgrading to my micro light licence.

Be clear. I"m not one of the 'you should buy a car, or you're just pissing around'. Your money, you do what you want with it, chap :)

C

zagatoes30

This is becoming similar to Mark (GeoffCapes) search, he eventually bought the wrong car and changed within 6 months. Work out what you have to spend and then what you want and then track down each that matches until you get the one you want.

Best do it in the background or you will wake Birdcage up again and none of us want that