What ya listening to now ???

allandwf

Yes, and also just a few years ago when it was more a greatest hits tour. Trapeze artists and the spinning drum cage :)

Navcorr

Nice! Saw an interview with Vince Neil about that tour - seemingly they are now contractually committed to never play as MC again. One last hurrah.

Andyk

Saw them at Donnigton and on the Theatre of Pain tour in Cardiff with Cheap Trick supporting.

Wanderer

It’s not often known that The Beatles wrote ‘Smack My ***** Up’, later covered by The Prodigy, and indeed performed it at Ché Stadium, named after the Cuban geurilla leader Ché Stadium. Here’s the rare unreleased footage...

Andyk

Donnington '91 per chance? Good lineup that year.

I saw them in 1984...Decent line up and the last time I got to see one of my fav bands Van Halen with Dave Lee Roth.

August 18, 1984
AC/DC
(first band to headline twice)
Van Halen
(David Lee Roth's final appearance with Van Halen in the UK)
Ozzy Osbourne
Dio
Gary Moore
Accept
Mötley Crüe
Tommy Vance (DJ)

Nibby

I saw them in 1984...Decent line up and the last time I got to see one of my fav bands Van Halen with Dave Lee Roth.

August 18, 1984
AC/DC
(first band to headline twice)
Van Halen
(David Lee Roth's final appearance with Van Halen in the UK)
Ozzy Osbourne
Dio
Gary Moore
Accept
Mötley Crüe
Tommy Vance (DJ)
Tommy Vance on friday night 10 till 12 in stereo. R.I.P
Use to go in a pub in Newmarket in the late 70/early80s, Rising Sun, could get a little crazy in there...man and this use to be on the jukebox.

Andyk

Love it.....Van Halen are one of my favourite bands. Eddie Van Halen back in the day just blew me away with his his sound and the way he played. I wore there first LP away as I played it so much wishing I could play like him.

Woman and children first is my fave LP as it was just very different from anything else about.

Andyk

And the first riff from Van Halen I every learnt to play and still another great riff..just love his sound..I feel a Van Halen day coming on.....in amongst listen to the new Halestorm LP that came yesterday.

allandwf

Love it.....Van Halen are one of my favourite bands. Eddie Van Halen back in the day just blew me away with his his sound and the way he played. I wore there first LP away as I played it so much wishing I could play like him.

Woman and children first is my fave LP as it was just very different from anything else about.

I saw them support Black Sabbath, I think Never Say Die tour, they were touring the first album. Came back for at least two encores Eruption and Aint talking bout love I think played twice.

allandwf

Tommy Vance on friday night 10 till 12 in stereo. R.I.P
Use to go in a pub in Newmarket in the late 70/early80s, Rising Sun, could get a little crazy in there...man and this use to be on the jukebox.
I've still got the pic disc single of that where DLR is doing the famous jump, and holding the middle of the disc.

Andyk

WOW....Support Black Sabeth....Bet they had a real hunger at that age. Never thought they were as good once DLR left. I love Sammy Hagar as a solo artist and saw him live in Bristol and he was brilliant but they lost something that made them different when Dave left......The fun element I think.

Rwc13

Best "Live" albums

Seconds Out - Genesis
Alchemy - Dire Straits

But in both cases balance between sound quality and atmosphere is always a challenge

Agree, particularly Genesis. Was lucky enough to see them live about 10 times between 1980 and their 2007 last tour. Sad to know will never see them again.......

Nibby

WOW....Support Black Sabeth....Bet they had a real hunger at that age. Never thought they were as good once DLR left. I love Sammy Hagar as a solo artist and saw him live in Bristol and he was brilliant but they lost something that made them different when Dave left......The fun element I think.
On that same jukebox they had Space Station No5 bw Bad Motor Scooter or could of been two seperate 45's. Always cranked up to Number 11 on saturday dinner times after a heavy friday night to get you in the mood for a re-run on saturday night.

Nibby

Agree, particularly Genesis. Was lucky enough to see them live about 10 times between 1980 and their 2007 last tour. Sad to know will never see them again.......
My favourute album of theirs is Duke. I had a tape of a 1980 show from the Lyceum Ballroom which was great as it was the Duke tour.

allandwf

On that same jukebox they had Space Station No5 bw Bad Motor Scooter or could of been two seperate 45's. Always cranked up to Number 11 on saturday dinner times after a heavy friday night to get you in the mood for a re-run on saturday night.
Another soundtrack from my youth. I should have that Montrose album, must dig it out :)