What ya listening to now ???

Navcorr

Wasn't a fan until I hit my 30s. Off to see then at the Hydro on Wednesday coming. Should be wild !

You'll have a blast - they're a great live act.

Great choice... Missing this tour as on holiday been seen every tour from the Killers on from 1980. Enjoy.

1st for me was Donnington '88 - still ranks as one of the best gigs attended. It could've been a few days earlier though - a mate noticed Charlotte & The Harlots were playing the Town & Country Club on the Thursday. Obviously a warm-up show - but on the way down to get tickets that fu**er simon mayo announced it on Radio 1. Sold out!

CatmanV2

Rory Cellan-Jones making himself look like a ******* (again) to anyone that actually knows what is going on.....

C

Navcorr

Whilst waiting for the wife earlier The ELO came on, Last Train to London.
Very distinctive sound

Not heard ELO for a while - was always on in the house as a youngster.
My sister used to have the weirdest of crushes - Jeff Lynne was one.

The best supergroup??

[video=youtube;cwqhdRs4jyA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwqhdRs4jyA[/video]

Andyk

First LPs I owned were ELO....Have you heard the one they bought out just over a year ago. It's worth a listen.....

Navcorr

First LPs I owned were ELO....Have you heard the one they bought out just over a year ago. It's worth a listen.....

I haven't heard it no - I'll look that out. Thanks. My first LP was a Xmas present from my big sis. Madness first album - still listen to it occasionally :smile:

RSM Masser

I have "out of the blue" on blue vinyl
And a box set of Out of the Blue, New World Record, Discovery and Time

Almichie

Elbow - I never used to like them but recently I have really gotten into their sound - hi resolution audio streaming brings out a lot of detail too.

Andyk

I have "out of the blue" on blue vinyl
And a box set of Out of the Blue, New World Record, Discovery and Time

Love new world record......one of the better ones....I had a real rare live LP that I wish I had kept hold of called The Night The Lights Went Out at Longbeach.

Navcorr

I'm not sure!

[video=youtube;3XeI9H2__gM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XeI9H2__gM[/video]

Synergy or Sacrilege??

Wack61

Back to Genesis , 40 year anniversary of Wind and Wuthering , saw Steve Hackett at the bridgewater hall a couple of weeks ago , really good venue, booked really late so ended up second row from the back but the view was good and the acoustics were very good

That iimpressed with the venue I got on the phone and booked Alison moyet , Steven Wilson plus mrs W and I are going to Holmforth Picturedrome to see Ron Sexsmith at the end of May

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
I'll always make time to listen to Dire Straits. Mark Knopfler is a fantastic musician and Terry Williams is brilliant as well.

Navcorr

I'll always make time to listen to Dire Straits. Mark Knopfler is a fantastic musician and Terry Williams is brilliant as well.

As I understand it drummers are not considered to be musicians - rather percussionists.
Happy to be corrected on this as I played drums in a band once.
Sadly, I can't emphasise enough the word once ;)

Fantastic music - always liked their vids too:

[video=youtube;gAirINwjaxE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAirINwjaxE[/video]

Featuring the gorgeous Leslie Ash - easy to forget just how pretty she was.