What ya listening to now ???

Andyk

Still Halestorm - Vicious.....Just can't get enough of it....5 weeks until I see them live .... Can't wait.

Nibby

Yep, I have a couple of albums, and saw him at Knebworth years ago. Big glass pyramid if I recollect correctly.
Wished I'd seen him especially in his musical prime. Support act for Zeppelin at Knebworth?
I remember buying Oops! Wrong Planet by Utopia which had this great song on.

Nibby

Cheers Neil
The part about Paradise By The Dashboard Light getting played on MTV which here in the UK we would've been unaware of in the early 80s due to not being able to view MTV, gave the album a lift in the States, as it must of been out at least 4 years by then, I'm guessing suddenly the huge popularity was the catalyst for Dead Ringer duet with Cher?

Wanderer

Anyone seen the Eddie and the Cruisers films, very Steinman/Springsteen...

Load of old crapola but entertaining!

Wanderer

Is that a P and W? Paul Weller?
I sold my Roland Guitar Synth to Paul Weller c. 1984, GR500 and GR300 with the Strat copy guitar, another big regret, needed the money cos of a woman.

He was in an Astra GTE, B reg, the one with the LCD dash, came up to Bolton from a studio in Burton on Trent, never said a word, this other guy did all the talking and paid up. £780 - I paid £720 for it, £60 profit which is exceptional for me since I am noted for buying stuff then selling it at a massive loss.

Oddly enough, i’ve Never seen Weller play it or mention it, and I was a big Jam fan. This must have been after they split and The Style Council was in the works, and they were Shiite but maybe he though it would add to the soul sound etc.

Nibby

I sold my Roland Guitar Synth to Paul Weller c. 1984, GR500 and GR300 with the Strat copy guitar, another big regret, needed the money cos of a woman.

He was in an Astra GTE, B reg, the one with the LCD dash, came up to Bolton from a studio in Burton on Trent, never said a word, this other guy did all the talking and paid up. £780 - I paid £720 for it, £60 profit which is exceptional for me since I am noted for buying stuff then selling it at a massive loss.

Oddly enough, i’ve Never seen Weller play it or mention it, and I was a big Jam fan. This must have been after they split and The Style Council was in the works, and they were Shiite but maybe he though it would add to the soul sound etc.
Interesting story, when he's interviewed on tele/radio he comes across as a bit miserable but maybe that's just his way. He used to have a studio at Marble Arch but he must of bowed out of that as there's no money in it unless your very lucky nowadays.
I liked the Style Council but never got to see them but did see him where Andy's going the Brixton Academy in the mid 90s which was quite good but the next time was at Battersea Power Station where he was doing an show to promote the album Heavy Soul, dreadful show and a dreadful album imho.

Last edited:

Andyk

Astra GTE with LCD dash....I had a red one of those......and.....keeping the music theme I have a picture of me stood by it in a Kiss sweat shirt.

Navcorr

never said a word, this other guy did all the talking...
Was it his old man? Think he used to manage the Jam. There was something on BBC radio a dozen+ years ago charting their rise and the Father came across as a right p*ick.

DaveT

His Dad did used to manage them.

Saw Weller last Saturday in Pompey. Very good indeed.

Now listening to non stop loud bikers tearing up and down the seafront here in Menton.