What ya listening to now ???

Navcorr

Harley Davidsons? There's usually a gathering in Sete at the beginning of September. Approx. 500 or so from all over Europe.

Wanderer

Was it his old man? Think he used to manage the Jam. There was something on BBC radio a dozen+ years ago charting their rise and the Father came across as a right p*ick.
Pretty sure it was the studio guy, but could have been. I just wanted the dosh, sold my Shergold Marathon 6 bass too, 180 quid, 10 quid profit. Bought the Roland from a shop in Truro via Exchange and Mart, I have absolutely no memory of buying the Shergold, none whatsoever, bought one last year to replace, 1200 quid.....

Also had a 1972 Ricky 360/12, burgundy, cost me 399 quid, some fooker nicked it....

DaveT

Harley Davidsons? There's usually a gathering in Sete at the beginning of September. Approx. 500 or so from all over Europe.
Not Harley's.

Just the pride of Menton on a perpetual cruise of the prom.

Chilled now on 2nd bottle so all ok!

Nibby

Now you mention it :smile:
Agree with you that Heavy Soul was a bit of a duffer.
A little indulgent perhaps after the success of Stanley Road.
Yeah I liked that Stanley Road album, by the time Heavy Soul came out he must of been knocking about with Gallagher which probably didn't help.

CatmanV2

Stanley Road was a *******, as is Days of Speed (IMHO). I've always found his stuff very variable

C

Navcorr

Yeah I liked that Stanley Road album, by the time Heavy Soul came out he must of been knocking about with Gallagher which probably didn't help.
The drummers are brothers so quite probably hanging out for years.
Love watching Steve play - looks totally at one with the kit.

Nibby

Just seen on Pistonheads great vocal thread and someone mentions the great Frankie Miller. I think this is a classic with him doing a duet with PL.

Wanderer

Warner E Hodges, IMHO the best guitar player alive, saw him live with Jason and the Scorchers mid-80's he was on the pop then and a right arsehole, sober now and a truly nice guy. Cow-punk days!

That's Dan Baird of The Georgia Satellites on bass, another great band from the period...

Navcorr

Stranglers. No, not them unfortunately. Rather a "Cat Strangler" - some pi**ed-up Edith Piaf wannabee. I'm sure it's a bloke!

Navcorr

QUOTE="Nibby, post: 646521, member: 5600"]
[/QUOTE]Some nice imagary! When asked why they called their album Some Girls Keef replied "Cos we forgot all their f***ing names". An interesting take on a Grts Hits. Video Rewind - still got this on VHS somewhere:

Last edited:

Nibby

QUOTE="Nibby, post: 646521, member: 5600"]
Some nice imagary! When asked why they called their album Some Girls Keef replied "Cos we forgot all their f***ing names". An interesting take on a Grts Hits. Video Rewind - still got this on VHS somewhere:

[/QUOTE]
Bit of the first 'Smell The Glove' album cover going on with 'Some Girls' Neil, lol

Navcorr

Some nice imagary! When asked why they called their album Some Girls Keef replied "Cos we forgot all their f***ing names". An interesting take on a Grts Hits. Video Rewind - still got this on VHS somewhere:

Bit of the first 'Smell The Glove' album cover going on with 'Some Girls' Neil, lol[/QUOTE]
It's fine to be sexy! :)

DaveT

Sitting in Grand Hotel in Mennagio listening to 50 UK silver surfers on a bus tour chattering away while hoovering up pre dinner aperitifs in the bar.

Lovely view over Lake Como though.