any interest in a Scottish meet...?

ZAM400209

Hello everyone,

it's been a while since I thought about anything like this, but I suppose the lack of the Italian Car Day this year, makes me think of a missed opportunity.

The last time we tried for something like this, I myself said I would be there, and at the last minute; circumstances conspired against me and a I let a few folk down. So; I don't have the best 'legacy of trust' for suggesting such a thing! (I think that might have been eight years ago though)

What am I suggesting?

Does anyone have the appetite for a meetup of somekind..?

I think, in an ideal world, we would successfully cultivate a monthly local meetup, somewhere which is a compromise destination, for all involved.

I think the last time I poked my oar in socially, was to interrupt a group chat in the Trident stable (which had been very well attended) at the 2015 Italian Car Day- I had attended in another car. (I couldn't make it last year- I was working)

So; it's 'out there'!

I'm thinking of initially an evening meetup, somewhere with a carpark, where we can all get a driving-friendly refreshment of some kind. So, if you fancy putting up a hand for attendance; please state who you are, and where you are apprroximately- and we can start to through darts at a map...

My name is Jim- I stay in Edinburgh in Morningside.

allandwf

Hi id be interested in the odd meet up, don't think there's enough up here to justify monthly. Maybe an open day or a specific route through the Glens etc.

ZAM400209

that place is terrifying! But perhaps- it's got the carpark (of sorts)...

Greetings Navcorr- tell me more...!?

Hey Allan- yes; that's what I thought I'd try and initially establish is how many folk are prepared to turn up; Bigger jaunts might be great, although not everyone would have the time for that-

so, I'm just trying to gauge interest for a wee local thing initially, as they say...

allandwf

I'd come along to that, as long as not offshore, 50/50 chance! Forfar here.

Forgot to mention I'll be heading to Knockhill on Saturday, to watch the Ferrari 70 stuff. There may be two or three forum members there.

Navcorr

that place is terrifying! But perhaps- it's got the carpark (of sorts)...

Greetings Navcorr- tell me more...!?

I'm a Morningside man too. Although not in the traditional sense - I do my best to lower the tone of the neighbourhood whenever possible ;)

Granted the Canny Man's is a little different - thats what makes it interesting. Tristan isn't terrifying - he lets me in so I have to say that! The car park is a wee bit tight in truth plus perhaps others would prefer a more equidistant location??

ZAM400209

Hmm-

you & I might have to have a mini meet in advance then...!

That's interesting Allan- I get my kids at the weekend, and I'm not sure I could talk 'em into that, on Saturday

But, further to Navcorr's comments- maybe the 'Bridge is an intermediary destination...?

davy83

i am planning to return back from middle east this year, so i would be up for the odd meet up, i am in Aberdeen but don't mind going places! when i had my two TVR's they had meetings once a year where they stayed in a hotel, had driving excusions, some events a good meal, and got very drunk, it was ok!

Needamaser

Like the idea of a meet up but would guess it would need to cater for Central Belt guys mainly.
Highlander and my self are wrong side of Inverness and 120 miles down the A9 with average speed cameras does little for me. Minor issue is I have no heating/blower just now although I guess I could drop the top and wear a toorie!

allandwf

Like the idea of a meet up but would guess it would need to cater for Central Belt guys mainly.
Highlander and my self are wrong side of Inverness and 120 miles down the A9 with average speed cameras does little for me. Minor issue is I have no heating/blower just now although I guess I could drop the top and wear a toorie!

I may be up Inverness area in July for a razz. Good to catch up with more Northern members.

Stevec63

I'm Steve, living in Alnwick Northumberland. Only 50 miles south of the border so Edinburgh/central belt is an easy drive. Doesn't seem to be too many of us around the northern parts where I am. As mentioned earlier by 'Allandwf', 50/50 chance of me being offshore too.

highlander

Sounds interesting. Would be up for a meet, even an overnight (which kinda goes without saying from here :() I'm only going to the erskine show at braehead and maybe ignition festival so as long as no conflict with them, we can be at a meet. Maybe Stirling and a run along the Dukes pass ? ;)

ZAM400209

okay

Needamaser & Highlander- how does Perth sound...?

This is all 'in the sky' conceptual stuff here. I could do Perth & back as an evening jaunt- would anyone else consider such an adventure, in the first instance...

(sorry Stevec63) at this point...

Does anyone local know a good 'drinkery' eatery in the Perth area with substantial parking? and the possibility of outside seating; if the weather keeps up!

[Hey Needamaser- Can you go over to your post on A/C issues; I might be able to help you...]