Two Days With A Levante

ChrisQP09

God no. I hate the X6, and its b**t**d child the X4. That said I think that they've been a little too conservative this time around. Hopefully they'll find something better for the next one. The area that they can be most inspired is going to be the front end though. The rear pretty much dictates itself unless you are prepared to compromise the usability.

The X6 is bloated looking from the rear but the lines look crisp compared to the Levante which looks 'soft'

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
It's the first time I've noticed this thread and I thought it said 'two days with a deviant'. Sounded like a weekend with Dem!

MrMickS

Disappointingly I didn't get a Levante as a courtesy car, in fact I didn't get a Maserati or even and FCA car. Instead I got a BMW 420. Much prefer the Ghibli lol

P R

Disappointingly I didn't get a Levante as a courtesy car, in fact I didn't get a Maserati or even and FCA car. Instead I got a BMW 420. Much prefer the Ghibli lol

Yes standard for JCT. At least last time I got a 435i gransport. On my questionnaire from Maserati after the service I suggested they switch to FCA eg Giulia as a courtesy car!

outrun

At least you got a courtesy car. Mine was in last week and they couldn't supply one. It wasn't that big a deal as I've more than one car but still, you'd have thought they could have found something kicking about. The MD I used has a BMW, Mini, Honda, Bentley and McLaren site alongside Maserati and there must be 500 cars across them. If I wanted a car, i'd have had to wait a further 3 weeks for a service slot.

MrMickS

At least you got a courtesy car. Mine was in last week and they couldn't supply one. It wasn't that big a deal as I've more than one car but still, you'd have thought they could have found something kicking about. The MD I used has a BMW, Mini, Honda, Bentley and McLaren site alongside Maserati and there must be 500 cars across them. If I wanted a car, i'd have had to wait a further 3 weeks for a service slot.

I did book the service well in advance, but then had to move it forward a couple of weeks as I did more miles than I thought I would and would have ended up going over the 1000 miles grace they give you.

outrun

I did book the service well in advance, but then had to move it forward a couple of weeks as I did more miles than I thought I would and would have ended up going over the 1000 miles grace they give you.

Mine was about a week over the service point so there was a little spanner showing on the dash. It's many many miles under the schedule but I didn't want an irregular gap in the service history plus I wanted it done in plenty of time before Le Mans rather than last minute. They should still have rustled up a car.

MrMickS

Mine was about a week over the service point so there was a little spanner showing on the dash. It's many many miles under the schedule but I didn't want an irregular gap in the service history plus I wanted it done in plenty of time before Le Mans rather than last minute. They should still have rustled up a car.

This is the first time I've managed to get a car, well except a hire car for a week when I had the steering issue. Up until now they haven't been available.

Andyk

This is the first time I've managed to get a car, well except a hire car for a week when I had the steering issue. Up until now they haven't been available.

That's really poor....Having a car like a Maserati you would expect at least a loan car no matter what is.

StuartW

That's really poor....Having a car like a Maserati you would expect at least a loan car no matter what is.

Agreed, even if not another Maserati, any MD will be a part of a group and they can pull a car across from another brand surely?

I have to say, for all of the visits I have made to Marshall Peeterborough over the last 2 years, I have always had a courtesy car FOC, it has always had some fuel in it and it has always been a Maserati

MrMickS

Not impressed with the interior of the BMW, drove ok for an underpowered 4-pot, don't understand the motoring journo's love affair with German interiors. The two I've had since having the Ghibli have felt cheap and thrown together.

safrane

BMW and MB trim has gone down in quantity... last couple of years the rentals I have had seem flimsy and poorly built.

MrCoop

Completely agree with Merc interiors, the base models have this 'fleather' interior (called Artico) and appalling plastic dash/trims. It's only when you step it up to the premium variants/models that you start experiencing the good old Merc quality.

I've got a 430d as a daily smoker and I love the interior. Sure, it's a bit plasticky in places but it's a nice cabin to sit in. Nicer than most of the other cars on the market.

P R

I have had availability issues for courtesy cars there too (JCT). Usually meant just waited an extra week or two to take the car in.

When you are paying £700 for an oil change you'd expect more availability.
Always FOC though.

bigbob

Graypaul Edinburgh is my dealer and their loan car availability is very poor. For Ferrari and Maserati they have ONE loan car. They also used to have a lorry but that is no more so they have volumes going through the roof and have allowed their options to reduce. My car was in recently and there was talk about it going back in but it would have been ten weeks for a loan car! Thus I didn't bother booking it back in, they didn't get more ££ from me and I am unhappy. Need to contact the DP to ask why his loan car fleet is so small.

On the subject of mid size German 'Execs', these are the Ford Mondeos' of the day and are cheaply made. Look at the nav screen 'Halfords stuck on special' in the new A4 and C Class. BMW is best of the three by a considerable margin IMHO but they still make you pay extra to get the rear seats to fold down. Come on!