summer ready marci

highlander

got marci back from paintshop to remove the road rash from the front bumper and fix the bubbling wing mirrors. she also had all 4 wheels refurbed the week before and the wheel caps paint matched.
then it was my turn ;) clay mitt after snow foam wash, 2 coats of meg polish with DA (also have an electric toothbrush with a polishing pad on the head to do the tricky bits like around the pillar badges) and then "old school" hand finish with Harley's wax. thanks to needamaser for giving me some gentle chrome polish for the grill, tailpipes and boot badge. Nearly 2 days it took me but worth it. I love the way light plays along her curves and that she is so reflective now that she just adopts the sky colour!

20170514-DSC02268.jpg

20170514-DSC02270.jpg

20170514-DSC02271.jpg

20170514-DSC02272.jpg

20170514-DSC02274.jpg

20170514-DSC02275.jpg

davy83

looking good greg, i have some rusty spots i need to get done this year, must find some time!!

allandwf

I got the arches done, and the bonnet, plus a couple of bits of lacquer peel. All set for this year now. Just need to get the windscreen washers to work for mot next month.

redsonnylee

Very impressed & well done, the finish is stunning, I've had a few green cars so like your colour very much.

highlander

looking good greg, i have some rusty spots i need to get done this year, must find some time!!

Do you do rust repair yourself Davy? If so, kudos my friend. Happy to fill stone chips and polish down as best I can but would not be brave enough, or skilled enough, to do a proper blend.

LeeH

Looks fab Greg

I miss the boomerang lights of my 3200

Do you mind me asking who you used to do your paint? I have a couple of bits need doing to my TT
and Inverness is not a million miles from me. No one near me... :)

highlander

Looks fab Greg

I miss the boomerang lights of my 3200

Do you mind me asking who you used to do your paint? I have a couple of bits need doing to my TT
and Inverness is not a million miles from me. No one near me... :)
Used AutoShades, down the longman. Mike is a top guy and loves classics in particular ( he has quite a few) he has done my cars for a while now. None better up here IMO.
http://www.autoshadespaintshop.co.uk

alfatwo

Lovely job Greg....Shame your 300miles up north mate, has we could have had a 3200 thrash out and a few bevies!

Dave

highlander

Lovely job Greg....Shame your 300miles up north mate, has we could have had a 3200 thrash out and a few bevies!

Dave
I know. Being so far from everything can be a pain Dave but having the best driving roads literally on my doorstep sweetens it a bit. Being on the 500 I'm 15 min from Loch Ness, 40 min from Ullapool, 30 min from loch maree and so many more not even on the 500 like the Lairg road so if a nice day, I'm spoilt for choice to play on really ;)
Still hoping at least 3 of these old girls will come on the 10th June for the Scottish meet and run....seeing and hearing a group of twin beating heart maseratis has to be a highlight not seen often these days.