GranSport/4200 Cruise Control

Team GCR

I didn't even realise that cruise wasn't standard on the 4200, it's on the Spyder

Was an option on the GranSport as well, my red GS Spyder didn't have cruise which is why I was originally looking for this part. I found a brand new one to fit to it but then the MCV came along which also didn't have cruise when I bought it so in the end it got the new cruise control instead!

Wack61

I'm pretty sure chris told me he'd fitted it to my 4200

£50 that has to be snapped up surely, I wouldn't like to think how much that'd be new in a Maserati box

Panicracing

Watch out for well used second hand ones as the self cancelling bush can be worn out. Seen it a few times.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

CatmanV2

I'm pretty sure chris told me he'd fitted it to my 4200

£50 that has to be snapped up surely, I wouldn't like to think how much that'd be new in a Maserati box

Nope. Was already there. I fitted the GS paddles, though

C

conaero

Forum Owner
Watch out for well used second hand ones as the self cancelling bush can be worn out. Seen it a few times.

^^^This. I actually ended up talking it all out again and using the nylon system from my original one.

Panicracing

^^^This. I actually ended up talking it all out again and using the nylon system from my original one.
Snap. Me to. Few years ago I had SH Alfa one. Piece of cake to do and then indicators not cancelling. Stripped back out and fitted Maserati Bush. Worked fine ever since. From memory I think I fitted the cruise stalk from the Alfa on the original Maserati unit. I know I still have a box of bits from the stripped one somewhere. Springs and ball bearings everywhere.

conaero

Forum Owner
Maybe I did it that way round too, cant remember but I do know that it had to be cannibalised to get it to work.

Ewan

Was it not standard on the 4200/spyder but not on the GS?

According to my UK brochures it was a £341 option across all the models (4200 coupe and spyder, GS coupe and spyder, 90th spyder and MC-Victory). None of them had it as standard.

Navcorr

According to my UK brochures it was a £341 option across all the models (4200 coupe and spyder, GS coupe and spyder, 90th spyder and MC-Victory). None of them had it as standard.

I've vague recollections of an ancient ML thread which said the same. IIRC (which is unlikely) the CC was standard on US spec. GSs and optional on 4200s. Again, IIRC correctly (which is equally unlikely) there was talk with some folk over here about shipping the Alfa stalks to the US.

Needamaser

Cruise wasn't fitted to my 4200. Bought a s/H Alfa unit and never got round to fitting it before I sold the car. Still have it and along with set of discs waiting for a possible replacement.
I couldn't live with average speed cameras and not having it fitted now.

Angelus

Now we know everyone is looking for one, are we only bidding against each other on eBay?

safrane

Had this retro fitted to my last 4200 and the current GS...Strangely my first 4200 had evey extra except Sat Nav which I retro fitted for £5.99.