Power off behaviour change

MrMickS

Had my Ghibli serviced yesterday and the power off behaviour has changed and I don't seem to be able to restore it to how it was. I have the engine off power off set to 45s to let the radio etc play for a little while before getting out of the car. This was automatically cancelled when any of the doors were opened. So as soon as the door was opened the radio shut off.

Since the service it now stays on for the full 45s even if everyone has exited the car and locked the doors. Has anyone else seen this?

MrMickS

After more investigation it is a change to the overall behaviour when you open the driver door. Now when I open the driver door it doesn't unlock the other doors, I have auto-lock enabled. This is a pain when I try to get my jacket from the back and find that the door is still locked. It used to unlock all of the doors when I opened the driver one.

Interestingly the old behaviour is still on the passenger door. So when that opens the radio turns off and all off the other doors unlock.

Evidently there was an update in the last service. My dealer is trying to track down how to restore the previous behaviour.

keith

After more investigation it is a change to the overall behaviour when you open the driver door. Now when I open the driver door it doesn't unlock the other doors, I have auto-lock enabled. This is a pain when I try to get my jacket from the back and find that the door is still locked. It used to unlock all of the doors when I opened the driver one.

Interestingly the old behaviour is still on the passenger door. So when that opens the radio turns off and all off the other doors unlock.

Evidently there was an update in the last service. My dealer is trying to track down how to restore the previous behaviour.

It seems more like a fault. Why would the radio stay on when everyone is out of the car.

MrMickS

Turns out it was something that they forgot to do after applying an update at the service. Been back to the dealers this afternoon and all is working as before.

I have a shiny new emblem on the Nearside C pillar as well