Gutted from Harrow!!

keith

Absolutely gutted, whilst my car was in reverse gear, clearly my brain wasn't in any gear. Backing out of my garage yesterday and running a little late, for reasons that are still not clear, despite the sound of the parking sensors, and obviously a location I know well, I managed to hit a cast metal railing! The damage is to the rear bumper cover and consists of two dents and a vertical line in the plastic.
I am planning on taking the car to a body shop I know in Sunningdale - 'Fastlane', and hopefully with a heat gun they can remove the dents, colour the effected area, and the re-lacquer the moulding. That will be a **** of a lot cheaper than a new part of course.
I can only say I am still banging my head against any available wall for my absolute stupidity and lack of attention!!!

highlander

We have all been there at some point so stop banging your head against the wall......one dent to repair is enough ;)

MrMickS

I feel for you. I'd be mortified. I've not done that but managed a very slight kerbing of the nearside front wheel on Saturday. You can't see it but I know its there. Nagging away at me but I'll wait until the inevitable second and third clips before getting it fixed. Only so many repairs on the diamond cut wheels.

keith

I feel for you. I'd be mortified. I've not done that but managed a very slight kerbing of the nearside front wheel on Saturday. You can't see it but I know its there. Nagging away at me but I'll wait until the inevitable second and third clips before getting it fixed. Only so many repairs on the diamond cut wheels.

I feel for you too! A lot of damage to anyone who is careful with their cars goes unnoticed and unbothered to most. The usual comment is 'oh that's nothing', but it doesn't stop it from nagging at you. At least you have the self control to leave it until you get another scrape. To be honest the OCD in me would get the better of me. Even now after dropping my car at the body shop I now have a week of fretting that the repair meets my standards!! Having said that this place knows me well and take extra care to make sure its right.

D Walker

I couldn't, and didn't. Went for ice creams in Redcar once, slightly caught kerb, It was a Sunday, had a man round on Tuesday to do the repair, Most expensive 2 ice creams ever, £55.00...

Wack61

Re the dent, could be worse at least it's fixable

Re the £27.50 ice cream , not car related but when my son was 11 we went to Disney world in florida , went for a buffet , he ordered a chocolate milkshake then while we were at the buffet he necked the lot, American portions at least a pint
His turn for food
Dad I feel sick , I can't eat , so I bought a $30 milkshake , a bit later he was hungry so that cost me another $15

Kids eh

MrMickS

It is nagging away at me. Will check it later to see what it looks like. Out of car budget for this month, service and tyre replacement, so it'd have to wait until I get paid anyway. That's not far off though.

Hope the repair goes well and turns out as you want.

MrMickS

It is nagging away at me. Will check it later to see what it looks like. Out of car budget for this month, service and tyre replacement, so it'd have to wait until I get paid anyway. That's not far off though.

Looked at it in the full light of day. Needs a repair. Will go see my local wheel repair guy later in the week for an estimate and to get it booked in :(

MrMickS

You will feel a lot happier knowing its being done then leaving it.

I know. It was good to wait a day or so then checking it to make a proper assessment rather than just booking it in. That's another place I'm not going to park again though. Curved kerb and narrow spaces marked, difficult to judge where the kerb is.

keith

You made absolutely the right decision to get the damage repaired, having seen the pictures. The visual aspect is a central to the appeal of a Maserati, and anything like a wheel scuff detracts so much from that. I think there's nothing worse than walking upto your car knowing there's some damage that will draw your eye, even if know one else will notice.
I collected my car on Saturday and thanks to the rain it was filthy by Sunday!, Hopefully this weekend, weather permitting, I will be able to give the car a wash and can post some before and after pictures, with the details of the cost etc.

keith

Thanks a lot, and don't worry I'm paranoid about kerbs railings and everything in between!