Purchase of Maserati Granturiso S MC Shift few questions

Contigo

Sponsor
Well done mate, really pleased you got the right car from the right man.

Look forward to meeting you at one of the many shows coming up.

conaero

Forum Owner
The bleep: I was playing with the menu button to the right of the steering wheel where the light switch was, there was a load of functions on there as well as in the configuration menu on the centre nav unit.

My Strad does not beep, but it may have been removed for weight saving :)

Enjoy, she looks lovely.

outrun

Averaged 21.9mpg over 1740 miles during Le Mans. Not too bad considering my lack of conservative driving !

Nice car Danny, enjoy!

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Cheers buddy managed to find a long underpass sport manual holy ****!!!

Also as I was cruising on motorways most of the way I was surprised at how good the fuel consumption went, 280 miles home and I'm sitting just above half a tank!!

Well done, Danny! The last quarter tanks drops like a stone. I did around 1k miles during Le Mans and averaged around 18mpg, but that was in squirt / brake / squirt / brake / repeat until destination mode. More conventional driving will average out at an easy 21/22mpg.

dannywooly

Cheers for the nice comments guys it does look lovely on the drive, had a few approach at fuel stops with nothing but appreciation. Also quite funny seeing people in the car next to you looking then you look at them and they look away! LOL

Yeah not fussed about fuel consumption on the whole at all but was very impressed on a run how good it was. Bumbling round town in a bit of traffic which is im happy to say rare for me, did drop it very quickly but in Sport Manual you just don't care the noise is just sooooo addictive.

The bleep is a little irritating as its quite loud in my cal-de-sac early in the am but i suppose the start up is probably just as irritating hehehe!

Loving the Bianco interior, gonna be a sod to keep it spotless but i just love seeing the leather to my left the seat looks very much Ferrari, and in the side mirrors those rear flares are sexy as sh*t.

My niece has booked me for her prom next year already! haha

Off to Santa Pod on Sunday so might have to get it cleaned and fueled ready for the run!

Just wanted to say a massive thank you to you all for the help, advice comments etc. Such valuable information from a lovely bunch. Hope i'll be able to put some names to faces at the future meets.

BigR

Good to hear you're back in the fold. What did you go for? And how's the Huracan Spyder? Silly question really I suppose....

I went for the blue MC... http://www.bossmotor.co.uk/used-car-maserati-granturismo-sport-mc-autoshift-amazing-colour-scheme-1209

As to the Huracan, it's due to be in my hands just over a week from now. Which is all a bit daft in that I'll be picking up the Maserati only a few days before. Spoilt? Moi? I think my head will finally explode and be in a pickle as to what to drive for the next few weeks....and end up pootling about in the Defender instead :frusty6: First world problems...

dannywooly

I went for the blue MC... http://www.bossmotor.co.uk/used-car-maserati-granturismo-sport-mc-autoshift-amazing-colour-scheme-1209

As to the Huracan, it's due to be in my hands just over a week from now. Which is all a bit daft in that I'll be picking up the Maserati only a few days before. Spoilt? Moi? I think my head will finally explode and be in a pickle as to what to drive for the next few weeks....and end up pootling about in the Defender instead :frusty6: First world problems...

Great choice there on the car, lovely colour combo. Really enjoyed mine yesterday getting to learn how to make the girl sing! its a very seducing car for sure.

StuartW

Congratulations & welcome back, that does look very nice. Enjoy those tough decisions of which one to drive!

dannywooly

So the Masser fits nicely in the car park this morning, sounded like a bit of Italy arriving in there, did the obligatory few laps before finally popping her in a space.

Questions:

1 - Whats the best and easiest way of connecting the iPhone 7 up for audio? I done the BT but the audio doesn't work over that.

2 - When i turn her of there is like a fizzing and cracking heat sound from underneath i assume thats the exhausts cooling down a bit?

Just waiting on the DVLA to send through the V5 so i can assign my plates, and pull off the current ones. Irritating it takes so long they have had it for week and half now!!

I picked up my 335d from the car park last night and this isn't a cheap car pretty luxurious inside, but compared to the Masser its quite astounding how different they both feel, the Masser is super comfy (as it should be) everything has more feedback and just feels planted. It really did make the BMW feel like a Focus in comparison :)

bigbob

so the masser fits nicely in the car park this morning, sounded like a bit of italy arriving in there, did the obligatory few laps before finally popping her in a space.

Questions:

1 - whats the best and easiest way of connecting the iphone 7 up for audio? I done the bt but the audio doesn't work over that?
The ipod lead in the glovebox will do it but there is no functionality. Others can advise on aftermarket options. Bear in mind that the bt phone quality is ****.
2 - when i turn her of there is like a fizzing and cracking heat sound from underneath i assume thats the exhausts cooling down a bit?
Cats i think
just waiting on the dvla to send through the v5 so i can assign my plates, and pull off the current ones. Irritating it takes so long they have had it for week and half now!!
Worth getting narrow but full height plates - looks much better
i picked up my 335d from the car park last night and this isn't a cheap car pretty luxurious inside, but compared to the masser its quite astounding how different they both feel, the masser is super comfy (as it should be) everything has more feedback and just feels planted. It really did make the bmw feel like a focus in comparison :)
indeed but the bmw would destroy it on a damp/wet day

Answered above.

dannywooly

Answered above.

Cheers for the responses. I actually had a very good call on the BT this morning thought it was same as BMW! As far as the BMW destroying it i don't think i brought this for the racing aspect, it is by nature a GT car. It feels faster than the BMW but thats dues to the symphony coming behind. I've learned that racing isn't really a thing for me now it just puts your licence and other peoples lives at risk, prefer just bumble about it in listening to the sweet noise!

bigbob

Cheers for the responses. I actually had a very good call on the BT this morning thought it was same as BMW! As far as the BMW destroying it i don't think i brought this for the racing aspect, it is by nature a GT car. It feels faster than the BMW but thats dues to the symphony coming behind. I've learned that racing isn't really a thing for me now it just puts your licence and other peoples lives at risk, prefer just bumble about it in listening to the sweet noise!

They may have improved the BT (mine is a 2011MY) but to be fair mine is ok below about 50mph.

These cars are fast enough and I drive mine as a GT as you say. Trouble is if someone in a six cylinder derv floors it when you overtake them it's hard work!

dannywooly

Yeah mine is 2013 so think it has been sorted more i found it very usable.

LOL, yeah the mid range on them is impressive, but i think in that situation i probably wouldn't be overtaking i'd just smile and wave. The sheer presents of the GTS on the road is all is needed to impress the masses, I don't need to show off its speed :)

markp4200

ADG are a decent garage and will put right what 'needs' to be done
I wouldn't bank on it.
Bought mine from them in 2009 and had a heck of a barney over the things I mentioned not being done.
Maybe they are better at the customer service thing now though.
Just have the independent inspection carried out though!
I have to add though, that now, 8 years into ownership and having popped a fair bit of cash into it, I would not change mine for anything. Like all good things it begins to fit like a glove.

dannywooly

I wouldn't bank on it.
Bought mine from them in 2009 and had a heck of a barney over the things I mentioned not being done.
Maybe they are better at the customer service thing now though.
Just have the independent inspection carried out though!
I have to add though, that now, 8 years into ownership and having popped a fair bit of cash into it, I would not change mine for anything. Like all good things it begins to fit like a glove.

Sorry to hear you had issues I found him very honest and when we couldn't agree on the work to be done he returned my deposit.

Glad your ride is now in top shape though, they're awesome cars