Purchase of Maserati Granturiso S MC Shift few questions

Ebenezer

My wife was embarrassed when I said to the delivery guy - this is 70 breast augmentations worth so please look after it. I thought it was humorous. She wasn't so impressed.

My watch was paid for by ash cash collected by my wife many moons ago. Not quite as lucrative, but a welcome income stream for housemen!

Eb

Navcorr

My wife was embarrassed when I said to the delivery guy - this is 70 breast augmentations worth so please look after it. I thought it was humorous. She wasn't so impressed.

:lol2:

I'm all in favour of a barter transaction but some things are surely best handled with discretion.

Besides, I can't quite work out the terms here. Is the quoted 70 for each item or for a complete set? Is there no volume discount involved - a buy one get one free for example. Is sale or return an option? :)

Navcorr

At a guess - quitting smoking. A friend's Mum stopped and couldn't believe how much she'd spent over the years.

Edit: <edit: Just googled. How *odd*>
Me too - agreed, bizarre.

Ebenezer

"Ash cash" is the colloquial term used by junior doctors (usually the Houseman) for the fee received for signing a form allowing a body to be cremated. The body has to be certified as not having a pace maker and probably other legal reasons. Removing the pacemaker was also a welcome income stream, but generally taken by the SHO or Reg. Apparently pace makers and incinerators don't mix very well.

It was a particularly cold winter I recall, so business was quite brisk!

Probably all changed now

Eb

iainw

"Ash cash" is the colloquial term used by junior doctors (usually the Houseman) for the fee received for signing a form allowing a body to be cremated. The body has to be certified as not having a pace maker and probably other legal reasons. Removing the pacemaker was also a welcome income stream, but generally taken by the SHO or Reg. Apparently pace makers and incinerators don't mix very well.

It was a particularly cold winter I recall, so business was quite brisk!

Probably all changed now

Eb

Don't let the tax man read this!

iainw

:lol2:

I'm all in favour of a barter transaction but some things are surely best handled with discretion.

Besides, I can't quite work out the terms here. Is the quoted 70 for each item or for a complete set? Is there no volume discount involved - a buy one get one free for example. Is sale or return an option? :)

Unfortunately they come as a pair... and no buy one get one free offers!

dannywooly

Hey guys,

So hopefully at some point today i'll receive the news from the garage on the mech inspection, trying to get in my head what i would and would not accept in terms of wear on the car so, so i wondered if this sounded ok:

Clutch
Between 0-50% worn Acceptable for the age of the car
Between 50-75% worn Ok but i'd expect some discount not sure how much though
Over 75% worn should be replaced

Brake pads and discs would follow the same scale

Anything else that is found i'll have to report back on what you guys think as one of the gents on here mentioned a few items that i wasn't sure about.

Really hoping that all can be agreed, funds are ready and i'm all set to enter the exotic world of cars :)

Regards

Danny

safrane

Re the brakes... currently only factory discs available and I fecall it is close to 2k for a full set fitted (please correct if this is no longer the case).
Factory tolerance is just 2mm of wear and although skimming is an option the hardened surface is just the first 2mm, so not a viable long term solution.

StuartW

Good luck Danny

As has been said, the clutch & brakes are expensive but once replaced, they will last for many many miles. If there are signs of wear on either and they don't want to replace, just go in with an appropriate offer and take the hit on the replacement parts in the future as the colour scheme you are after is not so common so if this is a good car, you don't want to let it get away

mattjevans

Agree with Stuart, though I wonder if the current pricing reflects an awareness on their part that a number of these things (and maybe variators?) will be needed in the near future.

dannywooly

Cheers guys, yeah you maybe correct but i'll do my best lets wait for the report its the only blocker. The MOT is also gonna be due in November which is another concern.

StuartW

I'm sure they'll put a fresh MOT on it when they service it, I wouldn't worry about that

dannywooly

Hi Gents,

Sorry to keep you all waiting, hopefully the mech report will be sent today its taken a while so maybe he has already fixed some items or am i dreaming a bit LOL

dannywooly

So, report is in and there is quite the long list of items! He has to get some more clarity from the garage on a few items but depending on what we can agree with he might not be able to retail the car! Thats gonna be a big shame as i'll have to start my hunt all over again!

Will report back when i know more.

GeoffCapes

So, report is in and there is quite the long list of items! He has to get some more clarity from the garage on a few items but depending on what we can agree with he might not be able to retail the car! Thats gonna be a big shame as i'll have to start my hunt all over again!

Will report back when i know more.

Can you put a summary (or scan the pages and put them on here) as we may be able to help.

dannywooly

Here we go:

ADVISORY
-both exhaust valves are siezed
-pas fluid dirty
both rear wheels damaged
front pads 65% worn
rear pads 60% worn
both front tyres wearing on inner edge
engine mounts perishing
advise wax oil
-cam covers weeping not badly