Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Executive and gts prefacelift questions

AndyK I know who you mean, she lives in Swansea now
    Paul

That's the one Paul.....you know her as well.
    Current car Alfa Romeo Brera 2.4 SV JTDM - Maserless
    Jaguar XE 2.0d R Sport.
    The Maserati
    Past Maserati 3200 GT - Silver with blue leather.
    Past Italian
    Alfa 155 1.8
    Alfa 155 2.0 wide body
    Alfa GTV twin Spark
    Alfa GTV V6
    Alfa 156 Sportswagon selespeed - Pile of poo.
    Alfa GTV V6 - A lovely well sorted car.
    Lancia Delta Intragle 16v
    Other
    BMW M3 CSL - Amazing car.
    BMW E46 M3
    BMW E39 M5
    BMW E30 M3
    Lotus Elise x 5
    Lotus Esprit Turbo
    Lotus Exige x 2
    TVR T350T

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    Not as standard, they were optional extras on the Executive.
    I don't have them on mine. They can be retro fitted easily enough. It was on my list to do but to be honest I don't miss them. For my use the ZF auto in auto mode is fine 99% of the time. I don't often think when out in the QP I wish I had the paddles.

I think they were standard on Sport GT & GTS but optional on the rest as far as I understand.
    2007 Maserati QP V Executive GT ZF Auto - Blu Nettuno
    2007 Maserati 4200 CC - Grigio Nuvolari
    2006 Volvo XC90 4.4 V8 SE LUX Auto - Dark Blue Metallic
    2011 Land Rover Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto - Metallic Grey
    2005 Alfa GT 3.2 V6 Busso Manual - Black
    1999 Mercedes SL500 Auto - Black
    1998 Peugeot 306 GTi-6 Manual - Silver

Now Gone: 2003 Maserati 4200/GS Hybrid Manual; 2011 Jaguar XJ; 2013 Focus ST-3, 2005 E55K 7 Seater Estate, 2005 E60 M5 V10, 1997 R129 SL60 AMG, 2003 R230 SL55 AMG, 2005 987 Boxster 3.2S Manual

Yes I've given paddles a lot of thought and concluded that I wouldn't use them. I have the FD DBW which sharpens up the kick downs as well.
    Eb
    Yeah i've got a Maserati, life's good. Black QPV Automatica

I hardly ever use the paddles on my GTS. And when I do, I tend to think it means I should have chosen a different car from the garage when I left the house.
    Ewan

Current Maserati - QP V GTS and Gransport MC Victory # 157.
    Previous Maserati - Khamsin, Shamal, Ghibli II, Ghibli Cup (x2), QP IV Evo (x3), 3200 (x2), 4200 Spyder (x2), QP V (x3).

Quote Originally Posted by Ewan View Post
    The pre-facelift GTS QP doesn't have a valved exhaust. The suspension is fixed rate, so doesn't change either. The sport button simply changes the gear change point to higher up the rev range.

The main differences between the GTS and the non-GTS QP are the darker 20 inch wheels, unique tyres, bigger brakes, lowered (fixed rate) sports suspension, body coloured door handles, shadow chrome window mouldings and exhaust tips, carbon fibre dash and various alcantara covered interior parts.
    All true Ewan but the window mouldings and exhaust tips should be dark, alcantara was an option that could be removed, and as I understand it, the seats are also slightly different and the Maserati emblems have red accents. The rims on mine were 21" I thought, either way they looked the biz.
    Past: 2009 Maserati Quattroporte Sport GTS Nero/Nero, Range Rover Vogue SE Pearl White/Supersprint System, Mercedes CLS 55 Silver, Range Rover TD6 Santorini Black

Azzure Contracting

Maserati did say that the GTS had sports front seats. But I can't say I noticed the difference between them and the seats of my 3 previous QP's.
    Ewan

Current Maserati - QP V GTS and Gransport MC Victory # 157.
    Previous Maserati - Khamsin, Shamal, Ghibli II, Ghibli Cup (x2), QP IV Evo (x3), 3200 (x2), 4200 Spyder (x2), QP V (x3).

Quote Originally Posted by Ewan View Post
    Maserati did say that the GTS had sports front seats. But I can't say I noticed the difference between them and the seats of my 3 previous QP's.
    I am certain the bolsters are thicker
    Past: 2009 Maserati Quattroporte Sport GTS Nero/Nero, Range Rover Vogue SE Pearl White/Supersprint System, Mercedes CLS 55 Silver, Range Rover TD6 Santorini Black

Azzure Contracting

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123