Executive and gts prefacelift questions

Maseratinewbie

Executive has smaller brakes/pistons or just non brembo?
Is ecu and trans tune different on executive ?
Does gts have valved exhaust?
This is all for prefacelift....

Thx

Maseratinewbie

The the gts valved sound that much better ?
Is the tune difference even that noticeable??
Does executive still have paddle shifters?

azapa

ouch! i never looked at QP's too much before signing up here, but now they certainly have my eye! lovely

Andyk

The the gts valved sound that much better ?
Is the tune difference even that noticeable??
Does executive still have paddle shifters?

Yes to all.....GTS is best of breed and worth hunting down.....Currently 2 GTS preface lift for sale so they are pretty rare. Anyone who has driven the range or owned will tell you to go GTS.

The one that has been posted is facelift and I know your questions are about the 4.2 .... Some prefer the prettier look of the 4.2.prefaceclift but the 4.7 is the one to have if funds allow....Arguably the last great QP....Well looks wise.

D Walker

See there are a 5 4.7 GTS for sale at the moment when sometimes it's hard to find on. Dicky has one as well and prices seem firm from 38k to 45kish.

The one I posted is confusing, on the sellers web site it's down as a 2005 model.....

Andyk

Didn't I see a thread on here from Prindville....Do they sponsor the forum ? They always have some stunning machines.

StuartW

Didn't I see a thread on here from Prindville....Do they sponsor the forum ? They always have some stunning machines.

They do indeed always have some beauties and with them featuring in this Supercar Megabuild show, and it looks like they're keen to raise their profile too

Maseratinewbie

So for sure pre face lift gts has valved exhaust? I assume there's a sport bottum ?
What other difference is there other than suspension ? For prefacelift gts

Ewan

The pre-facelift GTS QP doesn't have a valved exhaust. The suspension is fixed rate, so doesn't change either. The sport button simply changes the gear change point to higher up the rev range.

The main differences between the GTS and the non-GTS QP are the darker 20 inch wheels, unique tyres, bigger brakes, lowered (fixed rate) sports suspension, body coloured door handles, shadow chrome window mouldings and exhaust tips, carbon fibre dash and various alcantara covered interior parts.

Andyk

There's a 66,000 mileage GTS Facelift for a smidge under £32k too http://www.seymourpope.com/used-vehicle-details/Maserati-Quattroporte-U68/

Saw that one and thought he price was good for a GTS 4.7....Just for me it needed the black bits as that's what made the GTS look that bit different and a bit mean compared with standard...But decent price for a car that doesn't seem to be losing much ,only these days......Looks like you need 40kish still to get a low miles example.